Chas | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Chas in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can any one tell me the cheapest and easiest way to become CHAS registered

The cheapest and easiest ways are totally different!

The easiest is to ring a H&S consultant with a view to them producing all of your CHAS documentation and then seeing your application through to fruition.

The cheapest is to do all of this yourself-it depends on what resources you have available and how much you value your own time against what you could be doing instead.

Well im quiet at the moment so i guess im going to try and get it all together myself, i presume i have most bits in place but do you know where can i find a check list to go through?
I have tried googling but come up with different sales outfits for H&S consultants

Thanks for the reply!

Well im quiet at the moment so i guess im going to try and get it all together myself, i presume i have most bits in place but do you know where can i find a check list to go through?
I have tried googling but come up with different sales outfits for H&S consultants

Thanks for the reply!

It all depends on the size of your organisation and exactly what activities you carry out.

You then complete the appropriate application form (depending on size and activities) and apply for assessment.

If you are successful, you will be CHAS 'registered'.

To use the CHAS logo and signage, you have to pay to become 'accredited'

So, download the application form that suits your business size and activities and then you'll see what you need:

Download the CHAS application forms and standards

I've been looking into the CHAS scheme with a couple of questions.

Is this a difficult status to acheive of is it purely a paperwork / fee exercise?
How much does it benefit your company by having this status / accreditation?

Has anyone used SAFEcontractor instead of CHAS and what are the benefits?

Many thanks

Ponty.

I've been looking into the CHAS scheme with a couple of questions.

Is this a difficult status to acheive of is it purely a paperwork / fee exercise?
How much does it benefit your company by having this status / accreditation?

Has anyone used SAFEcontractor instead of CHAS and what are the benefits?

Many thanks

Ponty.

It's a paperwork/procedure exercise but it does have some gravity and if you're doing pre-qualifying documents on tenders then you can bypass large chunks of H&S stuff because you are 'deemed compliant' by the CHAS accreditation.
I suppose it all depends on what sector you want to win work in-for 'decent' tendered work, CHAS is almost a neccessity now.

I think Safe is for the private sector and Chas public sector, but they are both safety scheme in procurement meaning if you meet the standards of one you automatically can become part of another, supposedly!! Safe offer 20 percent discounting on CHas ,registered and also paperwork is significantly cut!!

Reply to Chas in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net