chasing and making good | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss chasing and making good in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Modster

Just a quick one fellas ,just done as rewire on a 3 bed semi priced it very competitiveley customer is now saying it's my rresponsibility to fill the chases,so how many of you guys do your own patching up ?

thats one you should sort before you start, I used to check plaster and if it was good patch up myself but in older properties or where plaster is loose I used to explain situation to customer and tell them they would need to get a plasterer in, as with bad walls a chase to a switch can end up with half the wall off.especially in old houses that haven,t been touched for years.

if you have not agreed with client as to who patches up, then you'll have to bite the bullet and get filling. as long as you make it clear that you will not be redecorating as well!. a lesson learnt here. always agree extent of work to be carried out before starting job. IN WRITING .

Just a quick one fellas ,just done as rewire on a 3 bed semi priced it very competitiveley customer is now saying it's my rresponsibility to fill the chases,so how many of you guys do your own patching up ?

Agree with tel. Even if you agree verbally, some customers will say they don't remember agreeing to "that". Always hard to get official with people, especially if they treat you like a long-lost friend.
When you price the job up, list everything you will be responsible for and get a quick autograph from them.

This customer may just be trying it on, knowing full-well that you didn't say you would fill and make good. Depends how far you are willing to take it as to whether it is worth standing your ground.

Reply to chasing and making good in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net