Chasing machines | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Chasing machines in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dust what dust , i use a sparkey dual blade with a commercial henry vac and its brilliant i even use it to do the back boxessaves so much time and you can get the perfect back box cuts , and very little dust , ive just done a rewire and there was so little dust and what dust was caused by chasing the back box out after , use dust sheets clean the filters of the vac after every chase then theres no problem , if youve never tried it on back boxes do i even cut out singles with it too ,plumb up the chase you want with a level draw 2 lines capping width and cut out down the lines a perfect cut ,was complimented on the chases we did .... by a plumber must have been good lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Been there and done that lol.

This is the angle grinder attachment pretty much the same level of dust extraction you get with the chaser, I use the single bladed grinder set up for cutting the back boxes out.

[video=youtube;Rm2ZeY5ETlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm2ZeY5ETlo&feature=more_related[/video]

is it me or is he chasing that at a diagnal down the wall hope hes not putting cables in that

Not a chance of been Spanish the safety goggles and hard hat give it away, but on a more serious note you cant run cables diagnally here it would not pass ..........yes we do have rules HONEST

Well I take it all back lol.

Hilti all the way pays for itself in 10 working days if you compare how much it costs to rent

How much would a chaser and dust extractor from Hilti cost? I have been using a makita with a henry hoover but am wanting to upgrade as it still puts out a little dust. Can't find a Hilti price anywhere.

Machine on it's own is 945.94, matching vac with 110 outlet 469.39 110 3-5kva tranny with a 32amp outlet 150-60. Good deals on ebay just watch out for stuff that doesn't look like it's ex rental.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Chasing machines in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net