chasing | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss chasing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave_

-
Reaction score
Alright lads,

Just bought a makita chaser and Hoover. Lovely bit of kit.

I'd love to make my life even easier and get an angle grinder to cut out holes for back boxes...

Does anybody have advice on what grinder to buy? I'd like one that can cut 35mm deep and that is quite light so I can have the Hoover in one hand and the grinder in another. I do love Bosch professional tools and see they do a 125mm diameter grinder but I'm not sure of the cutting depth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

and god help him if he ever turned up with monstrosities like this:

[ElectriciansForums.net] chasing[ElectriciansForums.net] chasing

I use a worx sonic for chasing out sockets. Works great on plaster, block work and reasonable brickwork.

Blades are cheap on eBay and cuts out a double with little dust and total accuracy in less than 5 minutes.

Lot safer than an angle grinder.

You can get dust shrouds for grinders that you attach a vacuum cleaner to , some are better designed than others. Some allegedly are so good you can use them in an occupied house without a problem. Saves using one hand as well.

guitarist....nothings cast in stone mate...
i just prefer 110V...like i says...thats just me....

After working for years with 240v, 110 and even 24v on sites, I don't really have a preference. I totally agree with 110v on busy building sites, where muppets in rigger boots treat cables with contempt, but personally in domestic I'm happy with 230v.
Each to their own, and if you intend doing the whole building site thing, then I agree that 110v is the way to go. :)

makes me wonder how houses ever got wired before all these wonderful labour saving electrically powered tools were invented. for example. this is how we used to drill joists.

[ElectriciansForums.net] chasing

Sparkies must of had arms like legs in those days,do notice that those drill holes well the ones that i have seen 10/16mm at most and for obvious reasons! fair play to sparks of yesteryear before all this buy a qual/setup garbage and make £300 a day even though the person(someone who has been banned)cant do a 2 way switch came along.

Reply to chasing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back