Currently reading:
Cheap 2nd hand CCTV cameras?

Discuss Cheap 2nd hand CCTV cameras? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm trying to help an elderly neighbour where money is an issue.

So I'm going to buy the CCTV cameras for her myself. Plus I'll get some experience

She needs 2 cameras with an option to get a 3rd camera in the future .

Which CHEAP SECOND HAND KIT shall I look for on ebay?

Thanks all

Dont go second hand with electronics.... you'll have nothing but problems

For a basic setup, I've fitted a couple of these, and no problems yet....

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/swann...p-dvr-cctv-kit-4-indoor-outdoor-cameras/103pv

Edit:
I just noticed this comes with a 64Mb memory card, so possibly no HDD.... but i would think it can be added later

Tapo C325WB. £80 (plus an SD card). Excellent picture quality, option to save to cloud also if required. Lots of features. Voice guidance to set it up. Full colour vision at night. They do cheaper options but this one seems really good value for money.

No point risking 2nd hand in my opinion - you'll probably get some really poor composite video camera that's dog rough.

Thanks guys... so would you always pick wired CCTV over wireless ?

I've got a mixture. Two cameras are wired (where it was possible to get an ethernet cable back to the router), and two are wifi (cable routing was difficult, and they were in easy range of the router).

Cable is better but not essential.

I've got a mixture. Two cameras are wired (where it was possible to get an ethernet cable back to the router), and two are wifi (cable routing was difficult, and they were in easy range of the router).

Cable is better but not essential.

I guess the main issues with wireless is possible WiFi signal issues and haven't to recharge the batteries very often.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cheap 2nd hand CCTV cameras? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock