Checkatrade, Mybuilder, Myhammer ratedpeople etc etc.. Your views? | Page 15 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Checkatrade, Mybuilder, Myhammer ratedpeople etc etc.. Your views? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alexg

Are they amu good as I am thinking if joining and one of their reps is coming next week!!

Keep the cash and have xmas or spend it and have a bonanza Xmas next year?!?!!?

how do you get a '9' on reliability and timekeeping? You either turn up when you say, or you don't. Were you 1 minute late?

That's a fair point. What's also interesting is that the spark apparently did 'fault finding and repair' but issued electrical certificates. I can't think how often I issue one certificate when I fault find and repair something, but this spark has issued more than one (certificates).

I don't get how cheatatrade is saying to one forum member they must have at least 6 traceable customers to be a member, but this guy has one Mickey Mouse customer feedback, and he's been accepted?

That's a fair point. What's also interesting is that the spark apparently did 'fault finding and repair' but issued electrical certificates. I can't think how often I issue one certificate when I fault find and repair something, but this spark has issued more than one (certificates).

I don't get how cheatatrade is saying to one forum member they must have at least 6 traceable customers to be a member, but this guy has one Mickey Mouse customer feedback, and he's been accepted?
Money speaks volumes! its amazing what people let pass when a cheque goes across their desk

My personal experience with Checkatrade was the annual fee was paid off in the 1st week.

I stared up about 9 months ago and did not have anyone to give me work, around %50 of my business comes through the site so I can’t complain.

My personal experience with Checkatrade was the annual fee was paid off in the 1st week.

I stared up about 9 months ago and did not have anyone to give me work, around %50 of my business comes through the site so I can’t complain.

Looks like you are doing good with them at the mo. You have only been using them for 9 months.
What happens when your annual fee doubles? Is it still worth it then?

A friend who is a heating engineer who i sometimes work with on larger jobs where the customer wants central heating as part of the refurb has just had his new price to stay on checkatrade and his annual fee has gone up from £750 or thereabouts and been told its now £1650! to be part of a online directory... thats before any fees for leads i assume...
It appears that homeserve the reactive maintenance firm has bought the company and is trying to recoup its costs...
I know people have mixed feelings about these sites but my mate has got a lot of high paying work from it and has paid for itself many times over, but the new fees were too much and hes left the site out of principle.. so much for loyalty and customer retention...
Would be interested to know if any other people on here use checkatrade and how much they are now paying at the annual renewal??
If you are on checkatrade and havent had the renewal yet then be prepared!
So a rip-off merchant has been taken over by a bigger rip-off merchant. Sounds about right.

I'm a gas engineer and joined last year fit £750. Put the time and effort into building up my reviews. This year they have quoted me £1500! When I asked why, they said because of advertising costs. Now I know the truth. They tried using black mail, you'll lose your reviews and customers. I canceled it out of principle too, thinking if I pay this year what's to stop them putting it up by almost double every year!

I'm a gas engineer and joined last year fit £750. Put the time and effort into building up my reviews. This year they have quoted me £1500! When I asked why, they said because of advertising costs. Now I know the truth. They tried using black mail, you'll lose your reviews and customers. I canceled it out of principle too, thinking if I pay this year what's to stop them putting it up by almost double every year!
It's been renamed Mate Cheat a Trade, soon to be renamed a gain into Con a Trades-person.

With an Indian buddy, Hi Ho Pound-notes Away
And the Mr Big of the Scam , why it's Mr Homeserve the well known purveyor of Cowboys, and any damaged caused by our Cowboys will be down to you, did I use a pair of Stilt sons to repair your expensive sink tap, well did you Punk?

With an Indian buddy, Hi Ho Pound-notes Away
And the Mr Big of the Scam , why it's Mr Homeserve the well known purveyor of Cowboys, and any damaged caused by our Cowboys will be down to you, did I use a pair of Stilt sons to repair your expensive sink tap, well did you Punk?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Checkatrade, Mybuilder, Myhammer ratedpeople etc etc.. Your views?

Reply to Checkatrade, Mybuilder, Myhammer ratedpeople etc etc.. Your views? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back