Clarification regarding wires | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Clarification regarding wires in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a question regarding these wires, what is the black wire for?
The location is Europe, Slovenia.

I understand traditionally brown is live, blue is neutral and yellow/green is earth, but why is here a black wire, too? And how do I connect it, to what.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Clarification regarding wires

Hi, thanks for response!

It is not for lighting, it is the main electric cables for breaker box. The house is about 100 years old.
Currently I am looking for someone that can maybe recognize it, I have absolutely no luck finding such setup online, anywhere, so it is very weird to me.

Look to me as if someone maybe didn’t have twin and earth and therefore decided maybe to save extra expense just to use a 3core and earth ! Probably someone untrained and doing a fix around ! It’s about the only reason I could think of.

That doesn't look a very big cable for the supply to a property. Could it be a 3 phase supply, in which case they'd be a bit more of a suitable size? There's no neutral, but maybe combined neutral and earth are allowed for supplies in Slovenia?

Reply to Clarification regarding wires in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

S
yep that's a draw wire I wish that was more of a thing in Ireland also tbh
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to rewire a mapping/traction control switch on a race bike that was damaged in a crash. The switch is not stock to install some other...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm familiar with many domestic extractor fans which are primarily class 2 (double insulated) and consequently are not required to be earthed...
Replies
Views
Hi there , I wired it up following the instructions from similar model. Works great thanks for your help
Replies
Views
Definitely looks like the cpc (earth) has been sleeved and used as a neutral conductor, this is not permitted. You are going to need an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks