comercial lighting | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss comercial lighting in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gaz26

Hi all. Just planning a job i've got installing about 24 led downlighters that change colour as well as 6 large window downlighter which also change colour,First off how do i go about deciding how many circuits to use when i dont know the actual wattage of them yet as we cant seem to find the exact ones,and also he wants these on timers which i've never actually installed b4, am i right in thinking they are just wired straight back to the timers and then a permenant feed to the timers? I was also thinking about rcd protecting these, i know theres no rule to but think extra protection is best,whats your opinion? oh these led lights that change colour have about 8-12 leds in them and go from white to blue then back to white. Anyone know where i can get them?cant find by googling and they def do them as he has them allready.​

oh they are all 240v

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Just planning a job i've got installing about 24 led downlighters that change colour as well as 6 large window downlighter which also change colour,First off how do i go about deciding how many circuits to use when i dont know the actual wattage of them yet as we cant seem to find the exact ones,and also he wants these on timers which i've never actually installed b4, am i right in thinking they are just wired straight back to the timers and then a permenant feed to the timers? I was also thinking about rcd protecting these, i know theres no rule to but think extra protection is best,whats your opinion? oh these led lights that change colour have about 8-12 leds in them and go from white to blue then back to white. Anyone know where i can get them?cant find by googling and they def do them as he has them allready.​

oh they are all 240v
Have you tried this site.They maybe able to point you in the direction if they can'help you.
LED home lighting - Indoor/outdoor 240 volt

If he has them already you will have to ask to look at it. The power consumption of these fittings do vary. I've recently fitted LED downlighters and they came out at 8Watts each.

While you can put them on a timer(don't see RCD protection as necessary) the only colour changing LEDS i've seen so far are red/green/blue and they use a remote control to set up the colour changing sequence, a timer I would presume would throw a spanner in the works.

I'm only going on what I've seen so far, I suggest that you contact your client and get more details.

There must be at least one isolator, so one possibility is DB to Isolator, then timer, then LEDs. The Isolator is for maintenance only and will be normallly on. The timer is no more than an automatic switch , and as said above should be no trouble. If there is a controller for the circuit it will come after the timer.

I have seen one 17w led (very expensive) but most are currently about 1 w each (or less) so you will be using at max 8 - 12 watts per light. x 25 say 250 watts or 1 amp. So virtually any switch/timer will be OK.

Last edited:

Reply to comercial lighting in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net