Communism coming to uk? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Communism coming to uk? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

Just seen the news today and they are on about making smoking illegal in cars,now I don,t know how anyone else feels but I think its a step too far.I pay for my vehicle,tax, insurance,mot,fuel,etc it,s mine and if I want to smoke in it I will,I very rarely have passengers in the vehicle and when i do if they do not smoke neither will I.However trying to make it illegal is a step too far when someone else pays for my vehicle then they can tell me what to do in it.It,s a daft idea,how about this one,my mate was a truck driver and was stopped at a red light when up popped a pcso and gave him a ticket for smoking in the truck.However he was informed that as he is a tramper and away all week then at night the truck is classed as his home and he may then smoke in it!how daft is that,whats next I wonder,telling you what music you can play on your radio.

sounds like a joke, i agree if someone is in my car that doesnt smoke, i wouldnt smoke either , cause i know non smokers hate smoke..

yes always been a nany state.. bombers/terriosits get more rights than a normal person

its a world gone mad!

most of my family dont smoke but none of them agree with the smoking ban in pubs!

at the end of the day if we all stopped smoking the country would fall to bits as the revenue they collect from smokers pays for the NHS 6 times over, and our taxes would go up to cover there loses!

The country cant police the laws they have now so who is going to police that one!

Ridiculous!

What annoys me Kath is as you said they can,t police what they have now so why more? Simple put a cop on a junction for a couple of hours and watch the cash roll in.

i know , but you would be rippin if you got £60 fine for smoking in car after an argument with a builder over money...

fu,,,,,,,,,,,k them!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

annoyed me now

Exactly mate they should sort out proper crime and leave us smokers alone as Kath said we pay enough taxes for the privelige.slighly off topic but this may take peoples minds off other more annoying posts.

Don't get me started on the politics of this country, as it winds me up and i will probably end up with on of these :ban:.

This country stinks and we get ripped off on everything!

yeah i would pay extra £2 a packet if i thought was going to put 100,000 extra officers on the beat lol but lets face it the £2 would go to a pot where the hands outweigh the payments of non important bills... rant over

Instead of fining ppl for use of phones, smoking, eating etc, there should be different levels of drivers licience. If you can prove during your test you can still drive while for example, pull your mobile out text, or light up a cig, then that should be allowed. Same goes for doppy drivers who cant drive in the dark, rain or snow. If you cant demo some sort of safe driving during simulated training, you will have a limited licience.
Rant over

I can remember the old days of doing my make-up when I was driving........... shocking. I have even half dressed my toddlers when they were young by putting my hands behind the seat, and doing shoes up. I cringe when I think of it now!

Instead of fining ppl for use of phones, smoking, eating etc, there should be different levels of drivers licience. If you can prove during your test you can still drive while for example, pull your mobile out text, or light up a cig, then that should be allowed. Same goes for doppy drivers who cant drive in the dark, rain or snow. If you cant demo some sort of safe driving during simulated training, you will have a limited licience.
Rant over
Sorry mate but that's a daft idea. Picture the scene, the boys in blue see me driving along texting with a smoke in my mouth so pull me over to look at my licence. I've done it a thousand times and I've done it infront of an examiner so I've got the "Do what the hell you like" kind of licence. While they're talking to me, you drive past. You've just passed your test this morning and are texting your mates to tell them you're taking them for a spin. How do they know you've got the "do what the hell you like" licence because they're busy checking mine.

50 metres down the road you plough into a zebra crossing full of schoolkids.

Banning smoking is another example of the nanny state, banning the use of phones while driving is not. If the call is so important, pull the hell over.

If they are so obsessed with curbing our freedom to think and make decisions, are hell bent on continuing this shameless crusade against smoking and want to continue the obsession By all means ban smoking in the car,as long as the ban applies only to the non smokers cars, those who have this obsessive crusade against my favourite pastime , they are riding a bandwagon that has rolled on too far,but a ban of sorts might make them feel as if they have accomplished something worthwhile instead of barking out wishful torture of an already bludgeoned section of society

MPs love the subject only because, by backing any silly rule against smoking, they feel the onslaught will result in more votes for them in an election
First it was warnings against personal health,then it was action against passive smoke,now its an invasive, dangerous (for freedom) step too far

I just don't get it! here in Scotland we were the first to ban smoking in public places but all the political parties couldn't agree initially on a minimum price for alcohol which is a far more serious issue up here than smoking and now they want to ban smoking in cars! Here is the news guys i am what is deemed legally to be a responsible adult i know what is good for me and what is not so i do not really need laws telling me so! It is my right to do whatever i want within the constraints of socially and legally acceptable parameters!

Ps. just in case you think i have issues with any side in this debate i am a non smoker and have never smoked but i acknowledge the rights of anyone to smoke where they choose as its their choice made of their own free will.

its a world gone mad!

at the end of the day if we all stopped smoking the country would fall to bits as the revenue they collect from smokers pays for the NHS 6 times over, and our taxes would go up to cover there loses!

I remember watching a tv debate a couple of years ago about the cost of smokers to the NHS. It costs the NHS £3 billion a year whilst the revenue from the tax alone brings in over £6 billion a year. Its nice to know that us smokers are helping the other people that need the NHS.

Ps. just in case you think i have issues with any side in this debate i am a non smoker and have never smoked but i acknowledge the rights of anyone to smoke where they choose as its their choice made of their own free will.
What I always used to think (I've recently quit..again) was why should you as a non smoker have to put up with my bad habit just because I have a nicotine addiction. I always found lighting up in a restaurant for example, absolutely appaling bad manners.

Reply to Communism coming to uk? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net