Condoit bending | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Condoit bending in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Also regarding the REMS, can you imagine doing tube on price, I think the REMS would you be your best mate!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Do you know what mate, its a bloody obsession of mine... Now as some posters will know, I'm not even classed as a sparkie by the chicken JIBlets, BUT I can certainly chuck in tray/trunking/conduit with the best of 'em. Honestly mate, my missus now knows to avoid going to any public place with me where metal containment may be on show!!! I can't help myself, I just have to look; I must look like a bloody care in the community on a day out some times.

I know how it feels mate, i must look like a right case but i can't help it.

I must admit though by gazing upwards i have seen many different types of support systems etc, that i haven't known were on the market which has helped me out big style.

By looks of that photo mate it looks to me that it's some sort of apprentices practical college exam hence where its in a wooden booth!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Correct, 2330 second year the shirt on the left of the pic was the tutor asking what the hell the PVC was doing in the bender! How to fail your practical assessment in one easy blow

I’ve never been allowed to use plastic, M&Q and Foundry Regs. But to be honest what’s wrong with using a bender if it’s available?

I've threaded PVC conduit before it looks far better than adaptors and bushes, only done it the once as a bit of a muck around but the results where quite good

The biggest problem I’ve had was the works stores. I’d got a hogshead barrel of tallow squirreled away in a corner. It must have been there since the 30’s. Used for conduit threading and paper-lead jointing. Rats were a problem, but I wouldn’t let them throw the tallow away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how it feels mate, i must look like a right case but i can't help it.

I must admit though by gazing upwards i have seen many different types of support systems etc, that i haven't known were on the market which has helped me out big style.

i'm at it too:D-sometimes i bring a notepad

I moved to a new company and not long after I started, I was asked to joint a cable. I’d got my moleskin, lead beater, etc, but no Russian Tallow.
Beef dripping works just as well, smells better as well!

Lead sheathed cable jointing, ..Now that is an art in itself, and a dying art too!! Seen many performed, alas never had the opportunity to have a go myself. Are they still using lead joints these days, or is it all now converted lead to plastic joints?? Seen a lot of them as well, and a few failures using them too!! lol!!

To be honest it scares your ******** when the cable is made live for the first time after a repair. Beating (dressing) the lead down to the cable is the real art.

A real funny was sitting in the canteen and wondering why there was a cloud of smoke rising from where I was doing a 3.3KV joint. Electricians mate had set fire to the tent while cooking his breakfast. My big wooden tool chest went up in flames as well!

I was doing quite a big refurbishment of a substation all the existing conduit was black japanned. What do I end up with, ****** galvanised and one electricians mate well ****** off when I made him paint it all black. It looked the dogs ******** when we finished, even he was proud of it. One bit that peed me off is I couldn’t get hold of the old cast saddles and had to use the pressed rubbish. They just didn’t look right along side the original stuff.

Reply to Condoit bending in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net