Connectors for T&E to Singles. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Connectors for T&E to Singles. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I’ve a job to do at home. I’ve a feed that connects my house to the garage consumer unit. The cable is in 10mm T&E.

I’m replacing the conduit for galvanised and spraying it white to match the render.

I was thinking where it exits the house in an end box rather than struggle with the T&E I was going to use 10mm singles instead. But is there connectors that anyone would recommend to join the cables? Or would good old connector block be okay?

Is it possible to strip the t+e thus making it singles with no need for a join as such?

Crimps would be my preferred way to join it if must. But whatever you can fit into an end box seems bodgey.
I could strip the grey sheath. As it’s in conduit.

What's inside the house where the conduit goes out? Could you bring it the conduit out the back of a small DIN rail enclosure with terminals?

What's inside the house where the conduit goes out? Could you bring it the conduit out the back of a small DIN rail enclosure with terminals?

It goes through the ceiling into a room and then into the consumer unit that’s in a cupboard. It maybe possible to pull the cable out and fit singles if I get some cable rods out.

I’ve thought about stripping it but it’s a lot of earth sleeving. I may try some singles as I could rod it through the house i think. Where is the best place to buy singles from?

I’ve thought about stripping it but it’s a lot of earth sleeving
I'd be thinking about stripping the outer sheathing off, using the existing 10mm L and N then either:
-crimping the CPC onto singles. Then you only need to get Yellow/Green singles.
-possibly using the galv conduit as a CPC?

As the conduit will need earthing anyway, and as 10mm T&E has 4mm CPC, and as a reel of 4mm earth is a handy thing to have anyway, and as 4mm fits inside a wago, I'd probably do all of the above.

I'd be thinking about stripping the outer sheathing off, using the existing 10mm L and N then either:
-crimping the CPC onto singles. Then you only need to get Yellow/Green singles.
-possibly using the galv conduit as a CPC?

As the conduit will need earthing anyway, and as 10mm T&E has 4mm CPC, and as a reel of 4mm earth is a handy thing to have anyway, and as 4mm fits inside a wago, I'd probably do all of the above.
That’s not a bad idea that Tim. I’ll see how much a reel of 4mm Earth is in singles

I’ve thought about stripping it but it’s a lot of earth sleeving. I may try some singles as I could rod it through the house i think. Where is the best place to buy singles from?
Does it really actually need earth sleeving inside the tube?

I know it feels a bit bodgy but what's going to happen and isn't an unbroken conductor nicer?

Reply to Connectors for T&E to Singles. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net