Consumer replacement | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Consumer replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hsharp

I am studying electrics: If I were to replace my consumer unit, let’s say I have past my domestic electrician course, have my Part P and Bs7671.
first would I have to notify building control, as I, would, have only past.
And what is the procedure for removal of the suppliers fuse.
Please remember I am only learning, and would not attempt to do this in till I have full knowledge.

once you have your pass, then get 17th regs ( 2382). then apply to jon elecsa. ( £400+ /year). then do the job for your assessment. once through that, notify the job through elecsa. alternatively, as it's your own house and if and when you are competent to do it, and test, then get on with it.

You're correct that you would have to notify building control before you did the work. As for the service fuse, you would need to speak to your DNO. Removing seals and fuses is an absolute no-no and needs to be done by the DNO. That's the official line. SSE have an arrangement for scheme members, others may too.

Firstly, learn the difference between the 'past' (time) and 'passed' (completed), then crack on with the CU change. I won't advise (as opposed to advice - verb/ noun) with regard to the pulling of the DNO fuse (not allowed.)

Good luck with the English lessons.

I am studying electrics: If I were to replace my consumer unit, let’s say I have past my domestic electrician course, have my Part P and Bs7671.
first would I have to notify building control, as I, would, have only past.
And what is the procedure for removal of the suppliers fuse.
Please remember I am only learning, and would not attempt to do this in till I have full knowledge.

And what makes you think you'll have full knowledge after a few weeks course, and a pair of meaningless qualifications??

I have only just got back to this, because I have a life: So I made a spelling mistake; you should get out more.

Calm down "dear" its only a forum.

Seriously though, if you can't be bothered to make sure your info in here is correct and presentable, how will your estimates, certificates and invoices look?

t! t!: now like the chap said above it's only a forum.
But to, answer your question ( I have used the correct homophone "to".)
I probably have a few more years than you to learn, and few is three years at collage!!!

t! t!: now like the chap said above it's only a forum.
But to, answer your question ( I have used the correct homophone "to".)
I probably have a few more years than you to learn, and few is three years at collage!!!

Chill out and stop biting. Wait until you get on a site! Oh and it's "college" as your version (collage) involves lots of cut outs from newspapers! !
:toetap05:

once you have your pass, then get 17th regs ( 2382). then apply to jon elecsa. ( £400+ /year). then do the job for your assessment. once through that, notify the job through elecsa. alternatively, as it's your own house and if and when you are competent to do it, and test, then get on with it.

Out of interest, would elecsa want some form of proof that the dno removed and replaced the main fuse? Or take some form of issue with an unsealed fuse?

Obviously I wouldn't err, remove the fuse myself.........

Hi you would have to notify building control unless you are in a competent persons scheme. The suppliers fuse should not be touched by anyone but the supplier. Not practical is it? you are supposed to contact them, wait three days for them to arrive, complete your work and wait three days for them to come and re-instate

Reply to Consumer replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net