Consumer Unit Labels | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Consumer Unit Labels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does anybody have or know where to get an Excel Template for printing domestic fuseboard labels. I made one up a while ago for 3 Phase Memshield boards.

It looks so much neater and an overall professional finish everything in the same font readable. Drives me crazy everything scribbled on.

Not from what i've seen in the UK, some of the CU's i've seen you can't see the plastic casings for stickers!! If it were my CU, they would all be off!! lol!!

I agree. There is either nothing at all or it is plastered with the damn things! I tend to put the RCD test label on the front as I think it is worth following but things like two colour wiring tend to be out of sight - lets face it, if you can't work that out for yourself you shouldn't be touching the damn thing!

I've also got the Brother 7600. It is a great machine but the PC software is frankly shocking so I'd be tempted by the 7500 to save a bit of cash unless you really think you can't do without it.
The only other thing with my 7600 is that it doesn't print at the spacing you specify. So to get the 17.7mm spacing required for a starbreaker I need to set it to 18.4mm. Maybe 4% doesn't sound a lot but it looks a bit silly at the end of a 13 way board. Or am I just being fussy?

Anyway, my last starbreaker...... (and yes, I really need to get some more B/W 24mm tape.......)
[ElectriciansForums.net] Consumer Unit Labels

The one that makes me chuckle most is "WARNING! 230v" if that's required on the CU then it should be required on all outlets. If it's not required on the outlets it's not required on the CU.

The one that makes me chuckle most is "WARNING! 230v" if that's required on the CU then it should be required on all outlets. If it's not required on the outlets it's not required on the CU.

I agree. It's not required. I suspect that a few assessors from NIC, ELECSA, etc, like to see them.

The only place I use them is on adaptable boxes where the external cables are not visible and it's not obvious that it has mains connections inside.

Most installs I see around here have 240v/230v stickers on the cu, Henley Blocks and anything else in the vicinity of the switchgear. My fuse carrier even has a 'Danger of Death' label on it.

I have a load of Danger 230V and Danger 400V stickers from a job where they made us fit them at every DB. Sometime's there's no telling people that the Wiring Regulations do not require them. But a lot of people seem to believe in a lot of myths and fairy tales when it comes to electrical installation!

Reply to Consumer Unit Labels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net