Contactor wiring? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Contactor wiring? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tomchester999

Hello

I plan to use a din rail contactor to switch off a whole lighting circuit which is currently on a 6a mcb. (want a remote switch to control whole circuit)

Can anyone explain to me exactly what way I could wire this.. haven't used contactors before..

I guess you take the power to the contactor from the original 6a mcb therefore keeping the circuit protected..?

thanks

Tom :smile:

Yes.
The MCB for the control side of the contactor or relay (A1,A2 via switch) doesn't need to be 6a, in Domestic that's typically the smallest in normal use but in Commercial , Industrial it would be 1amp or 2amp depending on what other controls also that source.

That is why I asked my original question (post 6) as to why should we use 2 MCB's when a fused terminal would be better.

Reply to Contactor wiring? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net