cost of cable and notification | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss cost of cable and notification in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SparkyLee2008

I went to look at a job today,

im not self employed and work for a company. The work is notifiable. and needs to be done this weekend.

I am looking for advice on the legal side of things as i find it all so confusing!!

How long does it take for the ball to get rolling via building control if i phoned them tommorrow,

also how would they do a site inspection if the job will be done and dusted in one weekend. i have Testers and can carry out the tests.

The company i work for will only produce a periodic cert when the work is complete would this be acceptable?

Im currently pricing up the job and 50m of 3c10mm SWA is £232 on screw fix this seems a hell of alot is that about right as all the wholesalers are closed now

Thanks in advance:confused:

How long does it take for the ball to get rolling via building control if i phoned them tommorrow

that would be fine... they would then ask for a few hundred quid to notify them

also how would they do a site inspection if the job will be done and dusted in one weekend. i have Testers and can carry out the tests

they would come out when THEY wanted too....!

The company i work for will only produce a periodic cert when the work is complete would this be acceptable?

NO THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! an EIC Would Be required or a MW depending on what you are doing (sounds like a sub main / new supply to me)

Im currently pricing up the job and 50m of 3c10mm SWA is £232 on screw fix this seems a hell of alot is that about right as all the wholesalers are closed now

thats screwfix for ya!!

what are you actually doing??? i suggest subcontracting the job mate!

Last edited by a moderator:
that price for the SWA is scandalous. the other week, i bought 17m of 10mm XLPE from CEF for £50 something. i think it might pay you to split the work with a part p registered sparks, then what you would pay LABC , you pay him.

ok thanks, its a supply to a gloryfied shed sockets and lights, 50m run. could do with been 10mm as there will be heaters an whatever else they decide to use this wud allow for additions, they will probs end up putting a small air con unit in there as the client is an air con engineer. he is also a frend so wanna keep the cost to a minimum. so dnt really wanna go down the subcontracting route. i think ill giv BC a ring tommorrow and try and adapt it into the price. It just seems like alot of hassle with building control i just hope its as simple as durham explains

Building Control = Hassel

expect to be painfully poked with a big fee!

all honesty it woul dbe cheaper to get a spark in and work with him , the £200 you save on BC will pay for him to notify BC and get job done and dusted in weekend!

you would end up paying LABC around £200. if you're goiung to part with that amount of hard earned, why not pay a registered sparks for a day. jnob is done in around half the time, and the money's better employed helping one of your own than swallowed up by the bureaucratic siut brigade.

suit.

Good point But i dnt kno anyone that is certified :( apart from my company but they wouldnt do it. and it seems like im just employing them to certify my work. the price so far is £880 not including certification or SWA! 31/2 days work at 150 per day + materials mite aswell get a company to do it! what do u think

Reply to cost of cable and notification in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net