CU Change again | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss CU Change again in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been asked to do a rewire and plan to use it as my elecsa assessment the only issue i have is that the owner wants the CU in the same place as the old one that is over a doorway in a open porch.

The issues i see are,
That unless you are 6' plus you will need to stand on something to access the switches.
Althrough it is protected from rain it is exposed to the outdoor cold temperature and spiders etc.

What are you thoughts is this acceptable to locate the CU in the porch.

Thanks

I can only see a problem if the CU is open to the elements. You don't say if the porch has an external door or not. If it hasn't then you will still be able to fit it there but you will have to sort some kind of protection for it in case the elements come in the wrong direction. If the CU takes in too much moisture you will have some unhappy times with RCD tripping problems. Access by using steps or whatever is OK as long as the CU is not restricted and easy to get to.

Cheers..........Howard

The height issue is not a real concern as it's not a new build so it would come down to accessible and so with steps it would be.

Not all distribution boards are in a nice centrally heated house, so as long as you choose a board that is suitable for it's enviroment then again no problem. As you say there is no sign of rain getting in and so that should be fine as well.

Reply to CU Change again in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Thank you for another very helpful response. Just to assure you we are saying the same thing, I was referring to the 2.5 on 20A radial which I now...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Napit will inform you of what you need to show them
Replies
Views
Thought I'd update this. Finally had my assessment today. I chased them on Friday morning as it'd been about 10-12 weeks since I'd actually made a...
Replies
Views
Switch by the door, pendant holder and a 100W bulb, some will remember, others weren't born yet when it went out of fashion, but this was the...
Replies
Views
I don't think I'd use it mate even the one line heading then one long paragraph screams ai. And untrustworthy. I don't think much has been edited...
    • Optimistic
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks