Cupboard lighting push switch | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Cupboard lighting push switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Steviecuk

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi all. I've just bought a cupboard push switch to turn the cupboard lights on when I open the door.

It's just a single in-line switch in a plastic housing.

The switch will be switching 240v mains taken from the lighting circuit but what are you thoughts... should I wire and switch the live or the neutral wire to break/connect the circuit?

Cheers. Steve.

Hi all. I've just bought a cupboard push switch to turn the cupboard lights on when I open the door.

It's just a single in-line switch in a plastic housing.

The switch will be switching 240v mains taken from the lighting circuit but what are you thoughts... should I wire and switch the live or the neutral wire to break/connect the circuit?

Cheers. Steve.
Always switch the Live, otherwise you would leave a Live at the light fitting when the switch is turned off.

How are you planning to connect this switch as they very often have exposed terminals?
I saw those ones but opted for a larger concealed one.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Cupboard lighting push switch
    IMG_6309.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 20

Reply to Cupboard lighting push switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm just trying to understand the current your suggested relay needs to handle. Surely the above is not the running current of the lamp? That...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Interesting document thanks. But it neglects the half-wave rectification, and also totally neglects the effect of the coil inductance when...
Replies
Views
  • Question
And exciting when that Hager AFDD finally tripped 😂
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
Double pole switches? Mounted on a grid module? Ignore the fact they have a N stamped on them. Or is your 2 gang switch decorative, and you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks davesparks. Looking at the diagram on the driver that's what I interpreted too, but I heard somewhere that the DALI system doesn't like...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks