Cutting marble mosaics Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Cutting marble mosaics Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cutting marble mosaics

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to cut these but every one seems to chip and break the corners off the tiles . wet sawing seems to be better but still the same problem.and almost impossible to see the lines. I’ve bought a Montalit dry /wet cutting disk, but still the same problem.does anyone have any advice out there ?
I’m going to buy some plastic strengthening Self adhesive backers tomorrow for the tiles, but is there anything else I should be doing that can help? Any advice appreciated before I wreck 2.5k’s worth of tiles!!

Cutting marble mosaics for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Cutting marble mosaics Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Too thick to cut? Not a full time tiler and questioning everything but..I need a wet saw to cut a lot of 45's in 12" marble tile. Is the Sealey...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Too thick to cut? Not a full time tiler and questioning everything but..I need a wet saw to cut a lot of 45's in 20mm, 12" marble tile. Is the...
Replies
Views
S
  • Article
Manual Cutting Method for socket/outlets in middle of ceramic tiles? Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide...
Replies
Views
Stoobloo
S
S
  • Article
Large Format Tiles / Score and snap I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long and at least...
Replies
Views
SergeTiler
S
  • Article
Rather than covering the issue, find where the moisture is coming from and address from that end, is the outside ground level above the inside, is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks