D Day 2391 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss D Day 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CRAGS

Well the day has finally arrived :eek:. Time to do some extreme revising. Good luck to all taking the exam today. :)

De briefing later on ;)

good luck with the 2391 tonite fellas im doin mine 22nd july they wanted me to pay £82 to get on tonites exam as a late entry so im going to wait as its going to be half the price, these training centres always out to scam ya:cool:

Upvote 0
hi mate i to am just back from exam
and i am not so sure ive done ok
especially the last question on the volt drop
we have not been shown how to do it, its ot in any of my course notes or many iee,nic books ,exam success or passed papers i have been doing ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
didnt have a clue where to begin
i thought to work volt drop it was mv/A/M x IB x Length divided by 1000

Last edited:
Upvote 0
pretty sure I am going to need resit
me to mate did you know how to do the volt drop question college hasnt showed us how to do that and i will be telling him after i have done my practical
i have studied every single day all day since end of jan and half the questions that came up were nothing like exam success or college notes or in any of the many books so how they expect you to be able to answer is beyond me

Upvote 0
I ansered all questions but some were complete shots in the dark the calculations caught me out big time the ring main one and the last one and the one on the first sheet with parallel paths. did quick add up at end od the ones I think I knew had definetly got right come to bout 60 so hopefully there was some lucky guessing in there which I doubt. Do you have to wait for your results before you can put in for resit????

Upvote 0
me to mate did you know how to do the volt drop question college hasnt showed us how to do that and i will be telling him after i have done my practical
i have studied every single day all day since end of jan and half the questions that came up were nothing like exam success or college notes or in any of the many books so how they expect you to be able to answer is beyond me

same here not really done volt drop so had a guess got a result of 44.5 or something like that so it seemed pretty close prob wrong

Upvote 0
hi mate i to am just back from exam
and i am not so sure ive done ok
especially the last question on the volt drop
we have not been shown how to do it, its ot in any of my course notes or many iee,nic exam success or passed papers i have been doing ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
didnt have a clue wrer to begin
i thought to work volt drop it was mv/A/M x IB x Length divided by 1000

I worked out resistance of cable then went for Vd=IxR

Think the answer was 6.1volts so it complied.

The only 1 I didn't attempt was no.6 3 characteristics of a low resistance ohm meter. My mind just wasn't remembering that 1.

Glad it's over, I fell like I have a clear head for the first time in weeks.

Don't worry over the result, it's out of our hands now.

Upvote 0
yeah i need to find out when can resit whoever writes them exams is having a laugh i answered that with no load voltage of 4-24v and current of 200mA and for last one ohms which was just somethig to put down

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I worked out resistance of cable then went for Vd=IxR

Think the answer was 6.1volts so it complied.

The only 1 I didn't attempt was no.6 3 characteristics of a low resistance ohm meter. My mind just wasn't remembering that 1.

Glad it's over, I fell like I have a clear head for the first time in weeks.

Don't worry over the result, it's out of our hands now.

I totally screwed that one up then. no6 I was not sure but put the tests it did not sure if right i.e cpc ring final circuit and another which I cannot remember now only thing I could think it was asking for???

Upvote 0
cheers mate
i just guessed half of the questions i didnt know what they were asking
they want to try and word it a little easier for us that dont have degrees in english i will have a look now mate i did mine at bury college the tutor didnt teach any of that

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reply to D Day 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net