D Day 2391 | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss D Day 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CRAGS

Well the day has finally arrived :eek:. Time to do some extreme revising. Good luck to all taking the exam today. :)

De briefing later on ;)

I worked out resistance of cable then went for Vd=IxR

Think the answer was 6.1volts so it complied.

The only 1 I didn't attempt was no.6 3 characteristics of a low resistance ohm meter. My mind just wasn't remembering that 1.

Glad it's over, I fell like I have a clear head for the first time in weeks.

Don't worry over the result, it's out of our hands now.
i worked out the resistance of the cable then from there was lost

Upvote 0
well guys i suppose all we can do is wait now and hope for the best but on my side think i have wasted the last 4 months learning thigs that didnt even come up it wasnt like any of the past papers or exam success
and the 8 week course at college was a complete waste of time and money

Upvote 0
hi guys,

just got back from mine in chesterfield.

blew my mind and the 2.5 hours flew by.

a few guys in our exam walked after 30 minutes to an hour, just glad its over and done with and now have to wait an age for the fail to drop on the doorstep!

dan

Upvote 0
you had a better idea on this one than I did you never know till you get the results
yeah mate we just have to see i know something when i have done the practical on tuesday i will be telling the tutor of what i think of his method of teaching as we didnt cover hardly any of what came up in the exam
good luck to mate i think its just a con because if loads passed last time then they make this exam harder to keep pass rates down

Upvote 0
hi guys,

a few guys in our exam walked after 30 minutes to an hour, just glad its over and done with and now have to wait an age for the fail to drop on the doorstep!

dan

They would not let them out of ours till after a hour.. some went after bout hour half I took the full duration as I wanted to check some stuff over. Dont think it helped though

Upvote 0
yeah mate we just have to see i know something when i have done the practical on tuesday i will be telling the tutor of what i think of his method of teaching as we didnt cover hardly any of what came up in the exam
good luck to mate i think its just a con because if loads passed last time then they make this exam harder to keep pass rates down

We were told that 75 percent out of our college passed the last one

Upvote 0
hi guys,

dan
yeah mate they are having a laugh there was one guy in our course who answered the last question and hes not sure we were tol 7 out of 9 passed last time and one of them who failed sat it with us i think this time 2 out of 10 will pass if they lucky

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its a weird exam really funny how some people manage it 1st time but as i have spoke to some people they are on the 6th attempt tonight, bloody expensive by that time.

just have to do the practical now and at least i might have 1 part out of the way!

luckily my job doesn't depend on it unlike some others which must make it 10 times worse!

Upvote 0
its a weird exam really funny how some people manage it 1st time but as i have spoke to some people they are on the 6th attempt tonight, bloody expensive by that time.

just have to do the practical now and at least i might have 1 part out of the way!

luckily my job doesn't depend on it unlike some others which must make it 10 times worse!

Nor mine job wise. Got my practical out the way was happy bout passing that. probably took to much on doing 2330 at the same time. But did not expect pass so will not be dissapointed if I do.

Upvote 0
I think it will be a re-sit for me I found it very tough and seemed to cover most things I hadnt revised I thought the second part of the paper was easier than the first why do they make the questions so ambiguos you have to read the qustions 4 or 5 times and then you are not sure what they are after and as for questions on IT systems whats that all about I`ve never even seen one !

Upvote 0
my job doesnt depend on it as i am a carer for my partner since she was left disabled, but i am hoping to set up soon by myself as i have already spent £5000 on Books, megger and other stuff courses i did last year 17th,2377,part p, 2393 building regs these i did ok at the building regs i got 100% after reading a book for a weekend the others i got over 90% This exam is a joke i have to do my practical tuesday and not lookig forward to it now. my mate who did these courses with me last year he sat the 2391 last september at bury college and passed both first time after 4 week course 1 day a week . where our course this time was spread over 8 weeks evening and i been studying since jan tried to do it with him but course was full by then and this was the first course they ran again since then so i will probably have to wait months before i can resit he told me if he passed i deffo would he as been phoning me asking things about things to do with this ad he is out there testing
I just think it depends on if you lucky on the day with the questions they ask

Upvote 0
hi mate,
wishing mine had been next month now, as the four months i have spent revising about 3 questions came up
the rest is i the hand of the gods i will be telling my tutor what i think of the 8 week course i have just done as complete and utter tosh want to use stronger language but not allowed think i might take up plumbing or do what most cowboys do and lie

Upvote 0
it is a farce how thy right out the questions, i think they have court on to all the past papers out there floating about, so thy word em in a way we cant understand, as for exam success book thts garbage cos when describing R1 + R2 AND IR tests and so on, you need to wright out atleast 1 A4 size sheet to get full marks, in exam success theres a short papagraph i think C&G use this to throw us all off, something needs to be done. the only way to pass is learn GN3 untill you knw it off the top of ya tree lol:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
hi mate
your right exam success is a waste of money and trees there are a few mistakes i spent 4 months learning Gn3, aswell as BS7671,past papers about ten of them including feb march this year oct last year, chris kitchers inspectig and testin 2 nic rubbish tosh books and osg,memorandum on electricity at work regs and gs38 and about 3 questions came up out of everything ive done at college and been revising

the C&g must spend months seeing how they can word it to mess us up

Upvote 0

Reply to D Day 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net