D Type MCB's | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss D Type MCB's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spock

-
Reaction score
Can someone confirm please - I don't think this will make any difference but - would the replacement of a B Type breaker for a D Type have any effect on whether a compressor/motor start-up dimmed the lights in an installation? (assuming that both MCB's were able to cope with the current demands)
Thanks

Can someone confirm please - I don't think this will make any difference but - would the replacement of a B Type breaker for a D Type have any effect on whether a compressor/motor start-up dimmed the lights in an installation? (assuming that both MCB's were able to cope with the current demands)
Thanks
But your Zs certainly would....

agree with glennspark. changing from a b type to a d type, will mean that the MCB will require 20x In to disconnect instaneously. This means that your Zs values need to be a lot lower in order to alow for this.

Zs= Ipf/Uo

Last edited:
What's Zs (or maximum allowed) got to do with dimming lights on start up?

nothing at all, was just an observation that the max. Zs would decrease id a type d were to be fitted. and be4 you say it, neither did my post about turkey have anything to do with it, except that the lights thewre are always dim. a bit like me after as skinfull

nothing at all, was just an observation that the max. Zs would decrease id a type d were to be fitted. and be4 you say it, neither did my post about turkey have anything to do with it, except that the lights thewre are always dim. a bit like me after as skinfull

Point Taken. Always thought big birds and booze don't mix though.

Reply to D Type MCB's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net