Currently reading:
DB In Bathroom

Discuss DB In Bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just after a bit of advice.

Please see my wonderful drawing attached. This 'Bathroom' is within an Officers Mess. As you can see from the drawing, each bath/shower is located within a room off of the main room/lobby of a room which has BATHROOM on the door. The proposed location of the DB is within the lobby. My take on it would be that as there are individual doors/rooms for the bath/showers then the db is not located in a room containing a bath or shower. It's nowhere near zone 0,1 or 2.

My concern is more around the environment. There is potential for this to be a humid area. I don't particularly like the location but just wondered what others thought. Would building a cupboard around it help or any other suggestions.

Attachments

• Room.docx
    68.9 KB · Views: 20
Whether there’s a bath or shower in the room is really not here nor there….

The equipment installed has to be suitably IP rated for the environment… so if this is going to be like a changing room… where people are drying off and splashing drops of water around…. I’d be looking to see where else the DB could go outwith this room.

Just after a bit of advice.

Please see my wonderful drawing attached. This 'Bathroom' is within an Officers Mess. As you can see from the drawing, each bath/shower is located within a room off of the main room/lobby of a room which has BATHROOM on the door. The proposed location of the DB is within the lobby. My take on it would be that as there are individual doors/rooms for the bath/showers then the db is not located in a room containing a bath or shower. It's nowhere near zone 0,1 or 2.

My concern is more around the environment. There is potential for this to be a humid area. I don't particularly like the location but just wondered what others thought. Would building a cupboard around it help or any other suggestions.
You could put it in an ip rated cabinet.

How many ways needed ?

Last edited:
There is also the ongoing problems if this is a gendered changing room....

For example, 2 or 3 burly male soldiers (you said it was an officers mess?) and you send your female apprentice in to reset a circuit breaker? Theyre not likely to shut down the entire functions of the building just to trace a small electrical fault sometime in the future.

Jokes aside... im just thinking of future circumstances about installing the DB in this particular location.

In domestic houses, particularly new builds, ive seen CU's in WC's.... which is fine according to regs... no bath or shower.

I've also seen older houses, particular farm cottages, where theyve changed a downstairs room into a utility, with WM, sink, dryer, chest freezer etc, then shoved a shower cubical in the corner....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to DB In Bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock