Dimplex XL18N storage heater | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Dimplex XL18N storage heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hellmooth

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi quick question guys,

I was called out to a storage heater not working, turned out the thermal cut off had tripped, customer doesn't dry any clothes on it and I believe this to be true, I've had to return to it again, I've cleaned it out completely to make sure it wasn't a build up of dust etc, and re set again, it seems to work for a month then trips again, tested the elements they were fine, about 23 ohms if I remember correctly which is what they roughly should be, does anyone know if it would be best to replace the thermal cut out switch or have any other ideas, getting annoying for the customer and myself now, I don't deal with storage heating too often. Thanks in advance!

If the cutout is tripping and everything tests out fine you are looking at either a weak cutout or a thermostat not switching off. If I remember rightly the cutout and input stat are an all in one unit now so both get replaced at the same time anyway.

Reply to Dimplex XL18N storage heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Hi Did you ever manage to fix this problem? If you could tell us how that would be great! Thanks
Replies
Views
Thanks all for the suggestions! Customer doesn't store anything else in the cupboard with the tank, not even towels or sheets. Heatrae stat is...
Replies
Views
I am a landlord/owner of a flat. I am just about to spur off nearby sockets to provide the additional 24hr supply to new Dimplex Quantum storage...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Fantastic thanks Freddo that last photo confirms all your suggestions so I’ll get back over and remove the links and test. Thanks again!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thought this was sounding a bit familiar. A thread on the same subject from 2021,, There's a link to the manual, but no diagrams, in my post #2...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks