Distributors earthing? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Distributors earthing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Grayza

-
Reaction score
Hi, Came across this the other day when looking to quote for a CU change. I can't figure out how the installation is earthed. There is bonding to the water pipe. I didn't take the cover off the existing CU as it wasn't practical when I visited. Measured a Zs of 0.3 from a socket. Its a terrace house, so wouldn't think its a TT. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks
[ElectriciansForums.net] Distributors earthing?

Not sure how old the house is maybe 50's or earlier. I didn't take the cu cover off, as wasn't convenient.
I will get the customer to request a new head.
Cheers for the replies everyone.

Firstly as I said it wasn't convenient to take the cover off and secondary, I don't see why its necessary. Do you always take the cover off when quoting for a Cu change? Apart from maybe all the circuits with fuses/MCBs may not be connected. Please do enlighten me?

you take the cover off to do some basic testing , mainly to ensure that you won't get anty poor IR readings /OC rings/ etc. which would entail additional costs. then you quote accordingly, knowing what extra work may be involved.

That's what I quote, CU replacement + any faults found whilst testing will be carried out at an additional cost.
I'm not going to carry out any tests without being paid for it. I may advise testing be carried out before and provide a separate quote for that.

Reply to Distributors earthing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net