Do I Need Planning Permission For 3 Phase Electric In A Commercial Property? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Do I Need Planning Permission For 3 Phase Electric In A Commercial Property? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shan786

Hi,
Im not an electrician, Im opening a dessert parlour and one of the soft serve ice cream machines (its a taylor ice cream machine) need 3 phase power, i dont need that sort of power for the other equipment. And i was wondering if i would require planning permission of any sort to do this? And how much would it roughly cost to have it fitted? I know this sites for electricians, but i could not find information anywhere else about this, and id really appreciate any help anybody could offer me.
Thanks

It may be the case that you dont have 3ph into the building to start with which would require a costing by DNO (power provider) but this in some cases can be expensive depending where there cabling runs, also you will then need to employ an electrician to wire a 3ph circuit up for you ice-cream machine, the first road i would go down is to see if the ice-cream maker can be converted to single phase by running the existing motor through a inverter 1ph to 3ph output, it might not be an option but a call to Taylor ice cream tech' might be able to advice you on this.
As for planning permission it is not usually the case but i can see times when it may be needed like listed buildings etc but you dont give info as to where you are based what country etc so this might be dependant on that.

Last edited:
Hi,
Im not an electrician, Im opening a dessert parlour and one of the soft serve ice cream machines (its a taylor ice cream machine) need 3 phase power, i dont need that sort of power for the other equipment. And i was wondering if i would require planning permission of any sort to do this? And how much would it roughly cost to have it fitted? I know this sites for electricians, but i could not find information anywhere else about this, and id really appreciate any help anybody could offer me.
Thanks

You may find that the unit you have can be converted back to 230v. Quite a few referigeration type units have either 3 pahse/ single phase connection

Reply to Do I Need Planning Permission For 3 Phase Electric In A Commercial Property? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net