Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! | Page 320 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Arms
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

What's going on with that white cable ? Is it an extra long nipple end to a gland with some plastic bits on as spacers, or something else ?

Hole in the trunking too big for the gland so the black bit is the shroud

How it ended up like that is anyone's guess. An Aircon fitter is what's going on. Maybe they should stick with stuffing glands?

Hey at least he didn't use sy...

Never seen this label configuration before or the 5A plug and socket
View attachment 117496
In built test facility? (Unplug it)

The pictograms on the right clearly states:- “in the event of fire, run around in a circle in blind panic”

Never seen this label configuration before or the 5A plug and socket
View attachment 117496
Looks like you buy the one emergency exit luminaire, and select the appropriate signage rather than having to buy the correct luminaire with the correct sign for each application.

5A plug just looks like a standard BS 546 type d to me, what is it if its not?

Went to change a trickle/boost wall fan today that ventilated a small storage room. Disconnected the old fan from the adjacent switched fused spur, moved the supply wires from the load terminals to the supply terminals, replaced the 13a fuse with a 3a one. New fan class II but took Zs reading at spur as a matter of course. Meter not testing, looks like no earth. Spur wired to nearby surface PIR in grey T+E, nope cable runs straight through the PIR box into the light on the wall by the fan. Checked in the light and rather surprised to see the reason I wasn't getting an earth loop reading. Ended up ripping the wiring for the fan, light and PIR out and wiring it properly off the conduit just below. This must have been like it for more than 10 years. Surprised no one ever got a shock off the plate screws.

That's a 2A BS 546 plug, so same range just 2A rather than 5A as the OP indicated.
2A is pretty rare TBH
We had them in our rooms at university - the town centre Woolies did a good trade at the start of each academic year. Plus there was a second hand market selling your surplus plugs to freshers when you'd moved into more modern digs.
The lighting circuit wasn't metered while the power circuits were. Having some electrical knowledge was handy in maximising what you could safely run off the 2A lighting sockets !

Also, my parents house built in the 80s had lots of combination outlets - one 13A socket, a fuse, and two 2A sockets. They got swapped simply because of the hassle moving things around when the sockets are mixed.

When a plumber completes a heating installation in a new build, then realises he’s got the flow and return the wrong way round….
View attachment 117547
To be fair, it is at least a decent bit of workmanship. The front complex bend is a bit wrinkly, but some would have used "a lot" of elbows to do it.

Both the work of the same in-DERR-vi-"jewell"

First note element top right corner. Told it had to be this way as c/h pipes use bottom. Probably expected me to sellotape a longer flex to reach the plate below... Told client to buy him a duel entry fitment and call me back. 600w element, probably a scald risk as the thermostat sits at the end of the element and it won't convect...

Second one, apparently it "had to be done like this due to how the pipes exit the wall"

New build? With exposed plumbing running around the room just below ceiling level?
Fairly new build. Was in a plant room from the boiler on the left of the door to the hot water cylinder on the right.

It could have been a change in boiler where the F and R are on different sides?? Who knows.

I was there trying to repair a Nest thermostat… (turn it off, turn it back on, job done)…. And the wiring centre had a couple of 4 core flexes where 5 core would have been more suitable…

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back