domestic electrical advice | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss domestic electrical advice in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davidcaulfield

Hi guys in wiring a little bedsit with en suite. I'm running in a 10mm submain from another DB as its the only thing close enough. There's only one heater and 3 sockets and a 8.5kw shower in 6mm :-( do I run a separate earth with my 10mm submain? I normally do when I do 16mm submain.

Also I am putting a card meter on before the CU. what do people usually terminate the 10mm submain into before chaining it into tails. I don't want to put the 10mm straight into the card meter as it won't be double insulated cables and will look ****

Id run a SWA personally but if going down the t&e method I'd use 16mm with an additional 10mm green and yellow

with regards the meter idea I would get an adaptable box and sit the meter on top take the 10mm T&e into the box and directly into the meter and then use DI tails out of the meter to the consumer unit.

I've also used trunking before instead of the adaptable box and terminated the armoured cable into the trunking then taken the cable into the meter

It is a bed sit using a 7.5kw shower and 5 double sockets so I ran in a 10mm T&E with a 10mm additional earth. I thought 16mm was a bit over kill as there re wiring all the bed sits eventually (30 bedsit)

3 phase incoming with 30 x 16mm submains is a bit strange

Reply to domestic electrical advice in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

P
  • Question
16 Square Meter Domestic Bathroom Tiling Work Malton North Yorkshire I have a job in Malton North Yorkshire, and I’m giving it a try on here (you...
Replies
Views
PETERHA
P
  • Question
By retired electrician, I mean that I have retained my ticket but no longer do installation work. Thanks for the clarification. I missed that it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you to littlespark for clarifying my mumbo jumbo. Just to say that being on a dual tariff means you will typically pay more for electricity...
Replies
Views
In the 80's I was taught that with PME earthing arrangements we used 16mm for the main earthing conductor, some went a bit crazy and were bonding...
Replies
Views
M
  • Article
Advice needed for fitting shower door frame? Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Monster
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks