Domestic extension queries!!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Domestic extension queries!!! in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bluefoxfire1234

Is a JIB Electrician (Installation Electrician, 17th edition) suitably qualified to wire a domestic extension with additions to existing circuits, no new circuits? Would it need to be tested after?

yes and yes. the sparks who does the work must produce an Electrical Installation Certificate and either notify through his scam provider or give a copy to Building Control.

A JIB electrician will be a damn site more suitably qualified to wire any domestic installation than a electrical trainee so-called DI, and you can take that to the bank!! lol!! All electrical work needs testing be it additions or new circuits etc!!

Yes it needs Inspecting and testing with a calibrated test instrument capable of carrying out the full range of tests as required By BS7671, a EIC or MEIWC completing and issuing to the person ordering the work i.e client /customer, as for the adding to existing No they dont need notifying through a scam unless In a special location such as zones 0,1,2 of a bathroom
No alterations or additions temporary or permanent shall be made to the existing installation unless it has been ascertained that the rating and condition of any equipment, including the distributors equipment will be adequate for altered cicumstance
Earthing and Bonding arrangements, if necessarry for the protective measure applied for the safety of the addition or altertion, shall be adequate.
A JIB spark should know whats required with regards to building regs and the requirements for electrical installations

Reply to Domestic extension queries!!! in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net