Domestic pv installations south coast, Brighton to Bournemouth | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Domestic pv installations south coast, Brighton to Bournemouth in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

spanishgary

Hi All

New here, my name is gary weston & i would be interested to hear from teams that are looking for PV Installs along the south coast, Brighton to Bournemouth

& the M4 corridor. We are rolling out a big marketing campaign from the 2nd April & will require teams to install. It will all be domestic work

Hi Worcester

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, yes indeed I was a director of all of those companies & am still involved with Trades 2 call as well as green & eco, 3 of them were linked , billy whizz, jobs4the boyz & doit & loads of fun was had throwing parties all over europe & working with bob geldof on planet24 & channel 4, terrible job but someone had to have fun in the entertainment business.More than happy to discuss any of these directorships with you
However, we have nothing to offer YET. We are the ones that will take the risk in securing sales that will result in installs, my initial question was IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN INSTALLS, what I am interested in is what you or anyone wants to charge for a 2kw, 3kw or 4kw install, scaffolding & product supplied
We will not sell less than a 2kw system as I do not believe it would be best for the consumer, other ways to reduce their fuel bills
We are only interested in consumers with fuels bills of £1000 pa or more as we can offer them ROI of 6- 8 yrs on their outlay
Yes , we have consumer funding in place unsecured at a better rate than the green deal is offering & no this does not affect the timescale of paying out for installs
We have identified USPs that stand us out from the crowd
No we are not interested in thermal dynamics, although the revised product has undergone testing the results will not be published / implemented before July
yes we believe in LED & infra red heating
No we are not interested in air source, ground source, biomass or other renewable technologies that are probably too technical for most people to pick up without a serious amount of study
And finally I have to point out that unfortunately I am a time served plumbing & heating engineer for my sins who done my apprenticeship in the late 70s when you worked with lead, bronze, copper, galvanised, black iron, cast iron, stainless steel & plastic of all things
Thank you to those that have pm'd me & I will contact you to see whether we offer the right prices for your work

tbf I'd be more suspicious of someone planning a campaign like this who didn't have that sort of background.

fwiw, I did a decade running festivals and club nights, and warehouse parties and beach parties way back when......

Well off my patch though, so good luck with it.

Is this forum Worcester's stress ball or something ?
I think he, like most of us, is just seriously ****ed off with some of the rip off merchants we see targeting vulnerable elderly people with systems at double the price they should be that will never pay for themselves.

When someone comes along with something that smells like it might be that sort of thing, then they're going to get a bit of a grilling until they demonstrate that they aren't.

Not just the elderly, met with a guy spending his army redundancy (or some of it) on solar. his forst quote was 15k for a PV and thermal system. Now I don't know much about solar thermal but that seems a bit steep to me! Oh, he was also told that RHI is 99.9% certain to come in this year!

I think he, like most of us, is just seriously ****ed off with some of the rip off merchants we see targeting vulnerable elderly people with systems at double the price they should be that will never pay for themselves.

When someone comes along with something that smells like it might be that sort of thing, then they're going to get a bit of a grilling until they demonstrate that they aren't.

I understand the issue I am disgusted by some of the installations i see I am a time served electrician who then became a design engineer, contracts engineer etc etc for a local REC who's apprenticeship and jobs carried out gave me a high level of experience in high and low power work. Solar PV has been ruined by rent a roof schemes and slate drilling salesman i agree ! but I agree with other comments it is frosty and frustrating to say the least when you put something up here and get tirades of "who the bloody hell are you type of responses !!"

I understand the issue I am disgusted by some of the installations i see I am a time served electrician who then became a design engineer, contracts engineer etc etc for a local REC who's apprenticeship and jobs carried out gave me a high level of experience in high and low power work. Solar PV has been ruined by rent a roof schemes and slate drilling salesman i agree ! but I agree with other comments it is frosty and frustrating to say the least when you put something up here and get tirades of "who the bloody hell are you type of responses !!"
It can be a bit of a bear pit at times, but you're expertise ought to shine through fairly quickly, and it can be a really useful place for keeping up to date with and discussing all the changes that keep happening, and even influencing them - eg this place was pretty pivotal in getting some silly bits of the G83/2 regs changed, when none of our trade bodies wanted to know about it.

eta welcome aboard, good to have some extra experience on here.

@spanishgary, Sorry if I seemed a bit hard at first as GavinA pointed out I do like to see credentials as there are way too many scam merchants out there. Unfortunately the south caost is a bit too far for us, unless you've got something over 30kW :)

I do know a couple of installers down there that do good quality work and would be open to opportunities.

hi
Not going to get involved with systems over 10kw, will pass them straight over to people who know what they are doing. No worries about the comments, can you imagine what i had to put up with when i went up to Scotland as the first English manager for Moben kitchens & Kitchens direct & had to tell everyone that their beloved Boss had not only ripped them off but customers & the company as well & although we had ruled them for 300 yrs , they would have to put up with another 6 months whilst I tried to rectify the mess

On a serious note, I would want to take up references for anyone that we came into an agreement with . We are not expecting to transform the world but the latest fit figures show an increase steadily which I feel will continue & with consumer finance in place it does make it easier for a customer to join the club as it were
Just a comment , has anyone connected the Immersun to storage heaters as well as the immersion & if so has there been sufficient generation to make a difference

Just a comment , has anyone connected the Immersun to storage heaters as well as the immersion & if so has there been sufficient generation to make a difference

We've connected them up to radiant heaters as opposed to storage heaters as you want the heat during the day :)

We tried a number of different types and the best ones that disperse the heat so that they can use the PV output as much as possible are either:

DeLonghi HHP 1500: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home
or:
Dimplex DXLWP800 Low Wattage Electric Panel Heater, 800 Watt: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home
or: (best)
Dimplex PLX2000 Panel Heater 2.0KW: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

They do them in various outputs (wattages) make sure you get ones with simple (non electronic thermostats) and without timers and without remote control, i.e. the simplest possible.

As an Amazon Associate Electricians Forums may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.

Reply to Domestic pv installations south coast, Brighton to Bournemouth in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net