Don't shoot!!!!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Don't shoot!!!!! in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Are tazers covered by the EAWR?
probably not the BGB as that is fixed wiring only? Although it would possibly fit into the "used by competent personnel only" method of protection?

I love this reply on their forum:-

"I'm a sparky and have gone all over, shops, banks, pubs etc With screw drivers that yes, could seriously injure someone left in my knee side pocket by mistake, modern work trousers have a fair few pockefs so it's easy to forget somethings there as it's not always easy to feel it. These guys (city rangers, lol) are born idiots, give a man a uniform and the power goes straight to his head - morons."

Well said sir, I mean we have all done it before, walking away from job with the odd tool in our pockets.

"I'm a sparky and have gone all over, shops, banks, pubs etc With screw drivers that yes, could seriously injure someone left in my knee side pocket by mistake, modern work trousers have a fair few pockefs so it's easy to forget somethings there as it's not always easy to feel it. These guys (city rangers, lol) are born idiots, give a man a uniform and the power goes straight to his head - morons."

Well said sir, I mean we have all done it before, walking away from job with the odd tool in our pockets.

Yes ..... I posted a similar comment.

Was the box earthed?

Well, you can get arrested because a 'misunderstanding', but teasers are operating above 1000v is this not a breach of EAW , helf aind seifty, human rights to live, blah blah blah ?

Lets make it even, I'll bring Phil D. Now that will be a good night oot on the Toon!

Your one short for your 100th Thanks. There you go mate.

Re: Sparks TASERED for carrying tools of the trade...

Won't tell the full story, but I found myself looking at the wrong end of a taser a couple of years after the beeping copper holding it misunderstood that it was actually ME that had called them! Thankfully I managed to yell at him clearly enough that it didn't happen, but have to say, it's completely changed my faith in the Police. Gung-ho? Yes. Are you really going to tell me that FOUR officers couldn't have restrained him by some other means?!

If the guy hadn't been drinking then one would hope they'd all be on the dole by now.

Mr Thomas, who had drunk several pints of cider, as walking in an ‘unsteady’ manner
A man after my own heart!

Where they say police didn't follow correct procedure I assume they mean none of them filmed it and themselves standing around laughing and then posted it on-line?

Just what we need taser happy coppers. Are they stealing our jobs now? Electrocuting people I mean!

It's Pozi-tively shocking.

After i left university, the plan was always to join the police force - i did a degree based around it, spent my childhood planning it, and generally had no interest in any other line of work, other than being a police man. The thought of helping people on a daily basis, and going home feeling satisfied that i have spent my working day, helping others, and potentially making the world a little safer. Call me naive, but that was the plan and it appealed to me.

But as i grew old and wise, found myself on the wrong end of the police on several occasions in circumstances that were not only necessarily to do with me, nor requiring police at all, and being treated the way i was, my opinion began to slowly dissolve along with my passion, after all, if that was what was expected of me, to behave like a total jeb end, then i wasnt interested.

The final straw came, when the coalition govnmt came into power, promising 5000 new front line police job because national security was important, blah blah, then all of a sudden 25-30,000 police jobs are cut, mainly front line coppers, then the country implodes into rioting. oops. Coupled now with idiot bureaucrats and a racists beyond belief employment policy, it would probably take my about 6 years to get into a full time police job.

The problem is however, ( no tin hat this time because this is how it is) i am not black nor asian, i am not gay, i have full use of my limbs and faculties, i am not female, instead, i am 25, can bench press just under 100kgs, can run 40 yards in a blink, am white, am capable, am intelligent, am ambitious but i care about other people, the problem is, i dont give two bat farts about home office targets and dont meet their strict racial profile. the police have turned themselves into a hypocritical, disfunctional, racist group of incompetent fools, who IMHO have lost sight of what is important, and totally lost sight of discretion and rationality.

I wouldnt join the police now for anything, it doesnt suit the good natured person that i am. Beating innocent people and tasering hard working corner stones of the working society just dont sit with me very well. We need police, i understand that, but bring back PC Plod from the 50's who would treat a situation with reasonable and rational thought, and make a judgement based on fairness and proportionality.

It's Pozi-tively shocking.

After i left university, the plan was always to join the police force - i did a degree based around it, spent my childhood planning it, and generally had no interest in any other line of work, other than being a police man. The thought of helping people on a daily basis, and going home feeling satisfied that i have spent my working day, helping others, and potentially making the world a little safer. Call me naive, but that was the plan and it appealed to me.

But as i grew old and wise, found myself on the wrong end of the police on several occasions in circumstances that were not only necessarily to do with me, nor requiring police at all, and being treated the way i was, my opinion began to slowly dissolve along with my passion, after all, if that was what was expected of me, to behave like a total jeb end, then i wasnt interested.

The final straw came, when the coalition govnmt came into power, promising 5000 new front line police job because national security was important, blah blah, then all of a sudden 25-30,000 police jobs are cut, mainly front line coppers, then the country implodes into rioting. oops. Coupled now with idiot bureaucrats and a racists beyond belief employment policy, it would probably take my about 6 years to get into a full time police job.

The problem is however, ( no tin hat this time because this is how it is) i am not black nor asian, i am not gay, i have full use of my limbs and faculties, i am not female, instead, i am 25, can bench press just under 100kgs, can run 40 yards in a blink, am white, am capable, am intelligent, am ambitious but i care about other people, the problem is, i dont give two bat farts about home office targets and dont meet their strict racial profile. the police have turned themselves into a hypocritical, disfunctional, racist group of incompetent fools, who IMHO have lost sight of what is important, and totally lost sight of discretion and rationality.

I wouldnt join the police now for anything, it doesnt suit the good natured person that i am. Beating innocent people and tasering hard working corner stones of the working society just dont sit with me very well. We need police, i understand that, but bring back PC Plod from the 50's who would treat a situation with reasonable and rational thought, and make a judgement based on fairness and proportionality.

Absolutely spot on !!!

I think it all changed when that Thatcher woman made the police into her own private army & turned Father against Son & Brother against Brother in preparation to and during the Miners' Strike and it's been that way ever since.

Reply to Don't shoot!!!!! in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net