Don't shoot!!!!! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Don't shoot!!!!! in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: Sparks TASERED for carrying tools of the trade...

A Taser is classed as a section 5 under the firearms act I am pretty sure so is C S gas I haven't got a copy of PACE to hand but if memory serves me right the cops will be in deep do do for this if it can't be justified
J

- - - Updated - - -

A Taser is classed as a section 5 under the firearms act I am pretty sure so is C S gas I haven't got a copy of PACE to hand but if memory serves me right the cops will be in deep do do for this if it can't be justified
J

J

- - - Updated - - -

J

No they won't but I admire your optimism for thinking so.

What will happen is some mouthpiece will be wheeled-out spouting "Lessons will be learned" and it will all be swept under the carpet & forgotten about - as usual.

Wade88 is correct, I worked as a civilian electrician for the police and their internal, and sometimes external, job adverts quite often stated "Ethnic minorities only".

And those officers will only get a file point, means nothing, and it can be removed from their record after twelve months.

Does anyone remember when that sparky got shot on the tube when he hadn't done anything wrong?
Did anything come of that?

Does anyone remember when that sparky got shot on the tube when he hadn't done anything wrong?

he did run away from armed police during a terrorist attack,not the wisest thing to do under the circs,tho wasnt he an illegal worker or something

OH! just reminded me that I must take my electricians penknife out of my pocket before the next time I pay with cash. Im always being told by my wife that one day I wil get nicked!

Just luv the look on the cashiers face at the petrol station

he did run away from armed police during a terrorist attack,not the wisest thing to do under the circs,tho wasnt he an illegal worker or something
It wasn't a terrorist attack though - that's the point. He ran to catch a train and the police shot him. Even if he was an illegal worker, a bullet to the head seems a bit high-handed.
Same with this guy in Cardiff - he might have had a few and been making a nuisance of himself, but that's no reason to taser him.

It wasn't a terrorist attack though - that's the point. He ran to catch a train and the police shot him. Even if he was an illegal worker, a bullet to the head seems a bit high-handed.
Same with this guy in Cardiff - he might have had a few and been making a nuisance of himself, but that's no reason to taser him.
it was the day before tho,the copper was told to stop him at all costs,the sparks that got tasered i dont know all the facts but if he was being a nuisance then the copper again has the right to use force to stop him,the carrying tools thing has been said before,we dont see anything wrong in it as we all do it,but others might think why has he got a stanley or a driver in his pocket

As I recall the outcome was that he died, but that was about all that happened.

I stand to be corrected though.

I seem to remember it wasn't a bullet ... it was something in the order of SEVEN bullets, and it would have been more if the gun hadn't jammed.

It's not the first time people have been wrongly shot, beaten or tasered for carrying inanimate objects though is it. Let's be honest.

Man shot by police for carrying chair leg in London.
Man receives face full of bullets for running too fast
Man beaten to death (from behind) by policeman with previous record for use of excessive force
Man tasered for wobbling after cider carrying a "small" scredriver
Man beaten, tasered and shot for being a man.
Man beaten by policeman for wearing inappropriate footwear in the incorrect season. Wellies in the summer.... reach for the night stick
Man tasered for fun to prove bet that a shaking half paralysed human does in fact look as if they are dancing like Pete, the other policeman, after a few beers
Man just tasered for fun

Police, deny all and fabricate appropriate alibi that suggests the man who was seen with a screw driver, wobbling down the road, trying to run but couldnt due to his wellies in the summer and severe head wound was tasered and then shot to death for good measure was indeed...... a possible but unlikely terrorist, therefore it was necessary to quell all threats to the public. If nothing more to remove a man who appears to be unable to dress himself. "Police superintendant. Smith"

Just to put a slightly different perspective on the guy who was shot for "Carrying a chair leg". A man had been seen and reported by a member of the public carrying what looked like a firearm on a winter's night. He was surrounded by armed officers and given numerous warnings, he then raised what could have been reasonably suspected to be a firearm and pointed it in the direction of the armed police who had warned him several times.
I'm not saying that his death was deserved but what do you expect the police to do, he could have been another Michael Ryan for all they knew. As I've said before, the police are often damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Just to put a slightly different perspective on the guy who was shot for "Carrying a chair leg". A man had been seen and reported by a member of the public carrying what looked like a firearm on a winter's night. He was surrounded by armed officers and given numerous warnings, he then raised what could have been reasonably suspected to be a firearm and pointed it in the direction of the armed police who had warned him several times.
I'm not saying that his death was deserved but what do you expect the police to do, he could have been another Michael Ryan for all they knew. As I've said before, the police are often damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I was just being facetious Trev..... its a bad habit of mine :)

my worst one was working in a counting house and accidentally cut an alarm cable,several minutes later I heard a voice and turned round to find myself looking down the barrel of an mp5.If it taught me nothing else it taught me to double check which cable I cut next time.Luckily the cop wasnt trigger happy and we both saw the funny side of it later,I mean normally you just get a -------ing for cocking it up not a visit from the armed response lads.

Sorry mate, didn't pick that up:)
I just thought it worthy of pointing out since that guy had been mentioned a few times. Mind you I fully agree with some of the posts about high handed police officers but I guess there's good and bad in every job.

Reply to Don't shoot!!!!! in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net