Door access | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Door access in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
Can anyone help me I'm trying to release door access mag lock , voltage optimist installed at weekend and the fobs arnt opening some doors and the supply is inside the room I can access.. Can anyone tell me how to open these mag locks or give me reason why some arnt working aand some are.... Could voltage optimiser have caused this..

This sounds like the system has lost it's programming because the systems battery back up has not lasted during the work carried out. First thing to try is turn off the supply to the access control and see if the door opens

Yeah the supply is inside the locked door.. Ty

Seems like your in a bit off a pickle, as said can't you isolate the supply from the DB or is that in the locked room as well?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Door access

Depending on what make of access control....if its self contained, you maybe able to remove reader and short door open, If you can give more info, may have wiring diagram.
Other way is set the fire alarm off, that should open it

is it designed to open on powerfail or lock?

the reason i ask is areas in pathology builidings are designed to fail lock.

if so, check to see if its stud walls etc.

usually the doors are heavy duty but wall next to it is weak.

the other way to get past is to rip the top bit of the door frame off then you should be able to pull/cut cable (yy- one that looks like flex)

if it is recessed e.g. sherlocks then break through studwall and trip breakglass etc

Reply to Door access in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net