Downlight demo box | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Downlight demo box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HandySparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
I've been talking to a couple of customers about LED downlights. Since 10 or 12 are quite an investment and they're not commonplace yet, I thought a demo box might help them decide. I've included various lamps for comparison and three LED lamps which differ only in colour temperature as I think that's one of the more difficult choices to be made. I can always change the lights as better ones reach the market.

The lights are as follows:
Top Row, L to R
Typical 50W Halogen GU10
LEDlite LED 4.9W 38deg 4000K GU10
Halolite LED 1.5W GU10 (state of the art about 3 years ago?)

Bottom Row, L to R
LEDlite LED 10.5W 50deg 3000K Warm White
LEDlite LED 10.5W 50deg 4000K Neutral White
LEDlite LED 10.5W 50deg 5000K Daylight

[ElectriciansForums.net] Downlight demo box[ElectriciansForums.net] Downlight demo box

I like it, that would be very handy when quoting for different lamps and fittings. Customers want to save the plannet by getting 4w "light bulbs" but normally drop to the floor when they are told the price difference compaired to a standard mr16 or gu10.

I think the LED's are going to evolve over the next few years and become common place the big issue is the expected lamp life and the reality which is going to take quite a few years to prove

You're right. The life is the major unknown. I think that the complete integral fittings where the drive circuit is thermally seperate from the LEDs themselves are much more likely to have a long life than the GU10-sized LED lamps, where the heat from the LED chips and the lack of a good sized heatsink means that everything runs hotter.

Reply to Downlight demo box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back