Earth bars interconnected hager | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Earth bars interconnected hager in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering, can two separate earth bars in a consumer unit be interconnected with a 10mm earth cable, or is it necessary to create an entirely new earth bond? Also, what are the pros and cons of each option? Many thanks in advance.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Earth bars interconnected hager

On Hager dual row consumer units, I've found the connection between the two earth bars (via the casing) not actually that good. So I always interconnect them, and I'd probably do the same here.

They are already connected together through the steel enclosure.

But yes you can install a link between them if you want to.

On Hager dual row consumer units, I've found the connection between the two earth bars (via the casing) not actually that good. So I always interconnect them, and I'd probably do the same here.
Will do many thanks

Reply to Earth bars interconnected hager in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Joining the ends of the radials together to form a ring, and changing the circuit protection to a single 32A would solve the MCB overload problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There needs to be a DP means of isolation- if there are other isolators that can be locked that would be OK in my opinion.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why would the RCD fail … yes it can happen but then it may not. Without it you have no protection on the TT System
Replies
Views
Yes the first bit is just standard wiring, TNS lead cable into cut-out, cut-out to meter, meter to DP isolator, top of isolator is sealed as per...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm familiar with many domestic extractor fans which are primarily class 2 (double insulated) and consequently are not required to be earthed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks