elec. power to a garden shed | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss elec. power to a garden shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ondro

-
Reaction score
Hello,
I have following scenario, 20A circuit breaker in the CU. 3 x 2.5 SWA cable feed to a garden shed CU. In the shed CU I have 0.69 ohm on the income cable. On the shed are two 16A radial circuits of socket outlet. When I do Ze on the sockets , I get 2.9 ohms.
The radial circuits have 2.5mm2 flat cable no longer than 5m from the shed CU.
Any idea why is the reading so high please?

it is the perennial power to a shed post. there should be a separate forum on this site for anything to do with running power to a shed or garage. maybe we could make a lovely step by step diagram and guide on how to do it, how to test etc... as a week doesnt go by without the same questions cropping up. I do recall the IET and NAPIT making a similar guide a few years back - wiring matters? it was simple enough to follow, only thing is the diy'ers started getting to work causing chaos.

Theres an idea. electriciansforum pdf files or little guidance notes. all nicely branded and sold to folks out there... could be lucrative for the site!!

In the grand tradition of shed-threads......Somebodies got to suggest TT-ing it. I volunteer.

TT the b****r.

[ElectriciansForums.net] elec. power to a garden shed

I actually wired a shed this very day. 4mm all the way SWA then T&E and Zs of 0.63 at the furthest socket. :)
your MBE is in the post. ( send cheque to Campaign for Attention of Shire Horses. if that's a bit too long, just use the abbreviation C.A.S.H. ).

It wasn't meant to be anything special Tel, just coincidence that I wired a shed today, so thought I'd add a little bit of boring detail. Must say the surface clipping was lovely though. :D

Reply to elec. power to a garden shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net