electric motor | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss electric motor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all . has eney one had much to do with slowing a single phase motor down from 1440 rpm, to say 900 rpm. iknow that you can not use a rheostat as it will burn the said motor out .

Most single phase speed controlers simply clip parts of the ac sine wave to increase slip in the motor thus reducing speed and OUTPUT POWER. there are more expensive units that give better results but your after a 40% reduction.
A 40% reduction may also give problems as the cooling fan is spinning slower too.
Dont know of a single phase to single phase inverteror VSD for this use either (there will be a unit but Ive not seen one)

Any chance of gearing the speed down by changing the pullys etc.

Is this fixed speed or variable,original equipment being modified,will there be starting loads,is the motor cooled or enclosed,any centrifugal or speed switching,what is the duty cycle....every good idea starts with some eejit asking lots of questions (that would be me...) :conehead:

Reply to electric motor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi James, At the inverter end the multi strand is ferruled and torqued in the terminal and at the motor end they are the “wago type” push fitting...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That looks like a Metrel display (I have one), they have a permanent 3 wire display that measures the three combinations so I would say that’s a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would agree that the motor is by far the best part to replace. if it is powered and not turning then it is broken. Keep it simple!
Replies
Views
Yeah no I study Information Technology lol. I just know it will be their, but hey that is what a team is for right? To many chefs, in one PhD =...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is that AI generated by any chance?
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks