Electric roller door motor help. | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electric roller door motor help. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did you have a look at the web site I posted? There are three ways of connecting these motors. If you are using reversing you need four contactors.

From experience I can tell you they are swine’s when they go wrong. We used them as reversing constant torque on a crane. Your using the variable torque connection.

If you are using reversing you need four contactors.

This is why I asked if the control board could reverse a phase, as the OP said the motor supply comes off this board.

The other thought... as this motor turns one way in high speed (UP) and one way in low speed (DN) then can the motor be wired with lines interchanged on one side of windings?

I've not done much with two-speed motors other than dahlanders on Baltimore Air Coils, almost 10 years ago. Inverters have boomed during these last sixteen years of my learning!

can you post me a picture of the motor and starter panel and chech if theres and safety devices on the door ive been workin on industrial doors for the past 11 years and crawfords are the most problematic as they are designed to go wrong and getting spare parts off them is nearly impossible

Been asked to recommision a campisa door today by the plant manager. I've done as requested and it works for now. But this reverses off the board and I've had similar confusing faults. I think, Tony has said, don't get to bogged down with testing. get more involved with how it should function.

As jonesy has said, I worked on this door for nine years and its garbage. We've since had a door, I assume we are talking about fast acting doors, from fenbay services and its, over the year been excellent.

Reply to Electric roller door motor help. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net