Electric Shock In The Shower | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electric Shock In The Shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

My brother complained that he had got a "mild" electric shock from the shower control and also from the heated towel rail. I went to his house today and tested the earth loop at the shower, the towel rail, the bath taps, literally every bit of exposed metal in the bathroom and it all tested fine, less than an ohm. I also checked to see if there was any voltage (difference in potential) between the metalwork and neutral and also to the earth on the sockets, again no problem here. I then cross bonded the pipework in the garage where all 5 pipes run next to each other.

He has rung tonight and said that he got a shock again, but only when the shower was "on" by the way it isn't an electric shower and there is no shower pump. I have to admit that I am a bit stuck with this one and would like some advice.
Cheers
Paul

Reply to Electric Shock In The Shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
The electrical screw drivers testers should be outlawed. I agree with all the replies and throw your tester in the trash, they are dangerous.
Replies
Views
  • Question
I went to look at a job like this a few years ago. My customer had a rental house, where there was an upstairs bedroom that had a newly built stud...
    • Informative
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for letting us know. I think you made the right choice to be honest.
Replies
Views
  • Question
There could also be a completely unsuitable junction box embedded within the wall and tiled over or just cables in choc blocks in old accessory...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s all a bit confused as he originally says I read that as with supply removed he was picking up 230v. My concern is/was that as the house...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks