Electric Shower | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electric Shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

I've got a strange one, I've just replaced an electric shower because when you turn the shower on, the neon indicator at the switch goes off, and obviously the shower doesn't work, however, like I said I've replaced the shower but the fault remains, any ideas.

Also there seems to be supply on the neutral from the switch to the shower (only when the switch is on), is it likely to be the switch at fault, the cu seems to be wired ok but it's the old rewirable fuses and no rcd.

I'm going back Friday to replace the switch, but it's all trial and error at the moment.

Cheers Julie

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I did ask advice about the c45 and was told that it was downscaling and bad practice.

I gave my clients all of the options and they agreed to the new cu, granted I didn't have my head on straight when I identified the original fault, but we all have our bad days.

I've done this job incredibly cheap because of my error, so I've still got a happy client.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pull off the car, but heyho

Reply to Electric Shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Oh definitely, the amount of tails that I come across in consumer units barely nipped up is staggering, I always tighten them, wait a minute, give...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I went to look at a job like this a few years ago. My customer had a rental house, where there was an upstairs bedroom that had a newly built stud...
    • Informative
Replies
Views
Question 1 do you prefer buttered, salted or sweet salted? I'm guessing salty 😜 1. Auto range multimeter (used on mains before when testing the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They should, but no. Also that would mean taking up loads of old floorboards, on an already carpeted room, filled with furniture, etc. My life is...
Replies
Views
M
  • Article
Intermittent bad smell Hi I have an intermittent bad smell that's really hard to pin down, I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on it...
Replies
Views
MatthewG
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks