Electrical shower problems | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electrical shower problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Johnales

DIY
Reaction score
I have installed a new shower and when the dial is turned to economy the light on the shower comes on but no water flows through, have checked water pipes and the are not blocked, when the dial is turned to hot or cold the light on the shower goes off, the light on my old shower would flicker on then off when it was turned on

If this is a new shower, there are 3 options

1. new shower is faulty
2. fault with the existing wiring
3. incorrectly wired to existing supply.

I would strongly recommend that you get a qualified electrician in to fix this issue as there is more to it than just putting the wires where the instructions tell you.

faults with electric showers are more likely to be fatal than most other faults.

Reply to Electrical shower problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

J
  • Article
Electrician Electrical shower problems Electrical shower problems I have installed a new shower and when the dial is turned to economy the light...
Replies
Views
Johnales
J
J
  • Question
I always take the front off shower isolators a 2nd time after I'm finished and re-tighten the terminals, invariably they can be tightened further...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Mira showers with the computerised PCB in them go wrong all the while, we connected up 30 odd new showers in a retirement complex for a plumbing...
Replies
Views
H
  • Article
need a new shower but my hot/cold pipes are reversed! Hi All I need some advice as to a replacement power shower and there are a few problems I...
Replies
Views
harrygee
H
J
  • Article
Have my water pipes been plumbed the wrong way? Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the...
Replies
Views
jennys07
J

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back