Electrician Boiler Fault plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter SSE
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 166

Discuss Electrician Boiler Fault plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrician Boiler Fault Boiler Fault

I’m hoping someone can help with this boiler problem. Couple have just moved into a house that has a Grant Vortex combi boiler. The current setup is a two channel programmer, turn the heating on at programmer & it calls for heat at stat that then returns to CH terminal inside boiler. Hot water from programmer on is wired to DHW port in boiler. Now it all works fine heating wise when it’s only the CH that’s on at the programmer but when the DHW is on along with the CH even when the heating stat is satisfied at say 15, a while later it fires the heating back up again & is absolutely roasting & won’t turn off. It’s way more than 15 deg I’m told. I’ve only looked at it briefly, tested to prove that the programmer & stat were doing as they should ie switching which they were. I’m due to go back a look to investigate further so any tips appreciated. I’ve noticed there’s still a link between terminals 25 & 26 I think it was. The room stat terminals. Should this be removed even though the stat is not wired from these terminals, it’s wired from the programmer?

Boiler Fault for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Electrician Boiler Fault to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Electrician Boiler Fault plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have just looked at the wiring diagram on line and there are a lot of internal links which if in the wrong terminal could put 230 volt onto...
Replies
Views
A
  • Article
Fire valve external oil boiler We have an external grant vortex pro and the fire valve is on the oil supply line 1.4m away from the boiler . Read...
Replies
Views
Ant0912
A
S
  • Article
Boiler sounds like a plane Can anyone advise why my Worcester Bosch System boiler when heating hot water does this sort of surging/woosh/hum...
Replies
Views
simbiant
S
B
  • Article
Boiler problem I have a condensing boiler in my kitchen and every time I pour waste water down the sink there’s a gurgling noise at the boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Belxvs
B
T
  • Article
Indirect (Boiler Fed) Megaflo Doesn't Stop Heating Hi, I noticed yesterday that when my HW is on, that the boiler runs constantly... I even...
Replies
Views
techweb
T

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks