Electricians on Facebook - Come join us please, we're late and need help

Discuss Electricians on Facebook - Come join us please, we're late and need help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm giving into it. I'm getting an electricians facebook page and group.

So here's what I need from those who use Facebook.

1. Like our page
2. Join our "Electricians on Facebook" group
3. Join our ElectriciansForums Find an Electrician group

Thank you kindly sirs and madams.

Please then add your electrical friends and suppliers and things to the groups for me.

I'll be doing some competitions on them soon. Win some Amazon Vouchers. :D

Facebook

[ElectriciansForums.net] Electricians on Facebook - Come join us please, we're late and need help

Okay guys, I'm giving into it. I'm getting an electricians facebook page and group.

So here's what I need from those who use Facebook.

1. Like our page
2. Join our "Electricians on Facebook" group
3. Join our ElectriciansForums Find an Electrician group

Thank you kindly sirs and madams.

Please then add your electrical friends and suppliers and things to the groups for me.

I'll be doing some competitions on them soon. Win some Amazon Vouchers. :D

Electricians on facebook didnt come up when i searched it. Electricians community uk is the one i look at

See I hated it that much I blocked it.

I've now unblocked it lol

I've literally just made it so it'll need some likes and joins and stuff before Facebook indexes it in their search engines.

Oh I won't be pushing hard on it. If I set some up the day I set the forums up they'd be useful and busy. But as said above you don't want lose the forums to them.

There are some people who use FB still and it kinda matches our forum user age group. Only oldies on there eh.

“Oldies”!!? You cheeky bugger!

but he's right.... according to my lad, only old people use facebook. I only use it for memes..
I'd class myself as an "oldie" but relative to the forum I'm not..

Does anyone have a facebook page that runs a company? If you have a disagreement with a customer as sure as eggs are eggs they will go to war with you on facebook, that is certain. And every facebook Karen in the area will relish the chance to jump on the bandwagon, before you know it you will be known as the baby killer electrician.

Does anyone have a facebook page that runs a company? If you have a disagreement with a customer as sure as eggs are eggs they will go to war with you on facebook, that is certain. And every facebook Karen in the area will relish the chance to jump on the bandwagon, before you know it you will be known as the baby killer electrician.

I take it you've had customer problems in the past?

If the disagreement was concerning something that serious…. Then a bad Facebook review is the least of your problems…

Yeah… as far as the forum is concerned…. I’m still a young ‘um…

Yep afraid checking my stats and comparing them to a page I have with 20k followers. They're about the same other than more female on the page. But that's just because the forums are trade and the percentage of women is still low as we all know.

Does anyone have a facebook page that runs a company?
Yes. The anecdotally slightly older people on Facebook tend to have more disposable income, and are more inclined to want a job doing right, and these are exactly the kind of customers I want.

If you have a disagreement with a customer as sure as eggs are eggs they will go to war with you on facebook, that is certain.

I've only ever had one negative post about me on a community group after daring to assume that a new set of pendants had better have some new LED lamps in, and disposing of the aged cracking CFL lamps that barely worked. I stuck in some budget supermarket LED lamps and added them to the bill. It was something like £15.
They decided that instead of phoning me they would write a protracted foul mouthed tirade on FB accusing me of blatant theft, fraud, arrogance, over charging for work that wasn't agreed, and finally that everyone should avoid me at all costs.
I responded by fishing the old lamps out of the bin, sticking up a photo of them, and offering to refit them and refund the LED lamps if they wanted.
I wasn't prepared for the reaction - it went mad, and entirely in my favour, something like 800 comments! Eventually the whole lot got taken down by the admin.
The funny thing is that it ended up being great publicity and it definitely got me work. For weeks afterwards I was being asked whether that 'crazy lady on facebook' wanted her lamps back in the end.

Don't do FecesBorg and won't be doing. Proven time and time again to be a bunch of criminals, and the whole thing is built on a business model that collapses if they ever consider complying with the law in any of the jurisdictions they operate in.
At one time, if they'd offered a paid option without the illegal data slurping then I might have considered it, but these days they've shown they can't be trusted to not take the money and still slurp all your data.

I won't touch Fartbook. Theiving bunch of ****s. Everything you post becomes their property even your own copyright material. I refuse to post on there. They even copied a whole website/forum I run. Used a whole month of bandwidth in 2 days skimming the site. I've now blocked the range of fartburp IPs from all my Web sites.

Come on... there has to be someone in the forum who uses facebook to post a pic of what they are going to eat..... we are always interested in that... :tearsofjoy:
Already a sub-topic in the “good morning” thread… and I believe there is a recipe thread somewhere on here???

I don’t get the “corporate greed” bit

Facebook, X, TikTok… all free to the casual user.
If you use any platform for a business, then expect to pay just like any other advertising medium.

Social media, and the internet in general has been spoiled, first by the people that use it for nefarious means, then by the company’s that run them trying to put in place safeguards brought in by governments trying to make the internet safer because of those first people….

Remember a time when the internet was at its infancy. The only content was low res soft ---- pictures, Star Trek fan fiction and a cartoon of a dancing hamster.
My entire university coursework fitted on a handful of 1.44Mb floppy disks, it took 3 days to download a 96kbs song and Amazon only sold books.

Yes… I am an “oldie” that reads Facebook… I don’t post though… but I read it to make sure my even more elderly parents don’t post anything stupid on theirs.

Facebook is a joke, I don't use it very much, just for some fire/security type groups. If I 'like' more than 3 things in a day my account gets restricted for 24 hours. Total Shyte.

I don’t get the “corporate greed” bit
Facebook, X, TikTok… all free to the casual user. .
Notice that they don't offer a paid option where they'll respect your privacy, not stalk you, not build a massive detailed profile of you, not push ads at you, not sell you to thers, and so on ?
Instead they actively ignore data protection and privacy laws and follow you around the internet in a way that would cause calls to the police if it happened in the physical world.

Take a simple example. Whatsapp is basically another arm of Fecesborg. Install it on your mobile and it won't work unless you give it access to your contacts - which it immediately hoovers up and uploads to add to it's illegal data haul. That is illegal in the EU and UK unless you (the person installing it and giving it access to your contacts) het explicit informed consent from every person in your contacts.
Does Whatsapp warn you abput that ? Does it allow you to not upload contact information ? No, it actively forces law breaking.
That's just one example.

That to.my mind makes it a very expensive thing to use.

And all because too many people see "free" and don't look any further.

Haha I love you guys you're my kinda people. Forum people.

But I'm having to compete with such things so want show them how it's done.

They keep saying they own something. There's a silly sausage who registered the trademark (image not text text was denied) tilers community and said to me, come back to us when you've got 6k members.

I have 21k tilers lol

They don't own anything on Facebook doesn't matter how big your page or group is. Facebook owns it.

There are now pathetic attempts of Facebook claiming to get page owners earn on there but they just want influencers not trade pages.

Will pee them off the most when I advertise my page and use their page as the target audience only. Literally advertise only on their page.

It's mental how Facebook can allow that but it's money they don't care lol

Reply to Electricians on Facebook - Come join us please, we're late and need help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net