Electricity theft | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electricity theft in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Pjd

Morning everyone.
New to this forum.

I have a dilemma, been working as sub contractor for builder for 6 months and he has now given me a job working on a private estate like property in Ascot, problem is it wasn't half an hour and I figured out the owner had someone from UK Power network.
When I raised the issue with builder I was told I did not know what I was talking about and not to mess with client as he always gets what he wants. (To be honest client is a very rich thug)
At the moment he has a 40kw swimming pool heater running 24/7 on this supply, he wanted me to add tennis court lighting, 2 bed annex, games room with bar, dressing rooms and gym, newly erected offices, jacuzzi, large pond with pumps and equipment using approx 10kw.
I have already decided to withdraw from site which knowing the builder will affect other jobs I am busy with for him.

Anyway my question is should I report him?
:ninja:

I've been to all of those places, and I'm still at some of them.

Re the OP: I'm interpreting it as he's between a rock and a hard place.

Thats usually where they all end up, if they grass on a gangster, supporting the latest fly over!!

Gentlemen,

Please can we be civil to the OP, as he is a new member all of his first few posts sit directly in a mod que until one of us approve it.

He made several attempts to reply of which I have approved a few, this was a feature that was put in place to cut down on a lot of the spam and general drivel that used to flood the site which you may or may not have noticed.

Gentlemen,

Please can we be civil to the OP, as he is a new member all of his first few posts sit directly in a mod que until one of us approve it.

He made several attempts to reply of which I have approved a few, this was a feature that was put in place to cut down on a lot of the spam and general drivel that used to flood the site which you may or may not have noticed.

So a newbie can post a new thread but any subsequent replies need to be approved by a mod? What a stupid rule that is.

In which case I think Dan and the mods need a rethink as this thread is a VERY GOOD example of how newbies can get slated yet can't reply.

Utter madness at best.

Back to the OP

Just report the issue - you have no choice.

His theft (if it actually is) is making YOUR electricity more expensive

So a newbie can post a new thread but any subsequent replies need to be approved by a mod? What a stupid rule that is.

In which case I think Dan and the mods need a rethink as this thread is a VERY GOOD example of how newbies can get slated yet can't reply.

Utter madness at best.

Back to the OP

Just report the issue - you have no choice.

His theft (if it actually is) is making YOUR electricity more expensive

No I had to approve his original post first thing this morning

Is this the pool?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Electricity theft

Is the OP working in a cartoon?
If so, the alleged power theft will be imaginary, so he's got nowt to worry about! :)

So why are there so many replies posted into the thread at different times then? We can't do that, so it must be something the mods have to do.

He can keep replying to them but each has to be individually approved, you guys can't see anything a new member posts until we do.

If you remember we used to have a spate of people who would sign up, 2 posts in, spam the life out of the forum.

I would normally have cleaned the thread up, and remove all the duplicate posts but on this occasion I decided not too as the op now have 5 posts and can post freely where as If I cleansed the thread he would be right back in the mod que.

OP, do you have kids, a wife, a life?

unless you are akin to "Judge Dredd", I hate to say it but I would not do anything. He will get found out. I am a great believer in what comes around....

however if you asked me what do I wish would happen, then its "report him"

He can keep replying to them but each has to be individually approved, you guys can't see anything a new member posts until we do.

If you remember we used to have a spate of people who would sign up, 2 posts in, spam the life out of the forum.

I would normally have cleaned the thread up, and remove all the duplicate posts but on this occasion I decided not too as the op now have 5 posts and can post freely where as If I cleansed the thread he would be right back in the mod que.

You mods need to make this fact a bit more obvious as the regular posters think newbies are shying away from answering questions.

High Tower, thank you for explaining that.

To explain little better, swimming pool is running of temp armour of the stolen supply all other equipment needs to be taken from metered supply to non metered supply.
I understand people saying stay out of it but would any of you wire all that equipment in, knowing that it is stolen supply?
What really upsets me the guy has 4 rolls Royce's etc but he doesn't want to pay for his electrics.

High Tower, thank you for explaining that.

To explain little better, swimming pool is running of temp armour of the stolen supply all other equipment needs to be taken from metered supply to non metered supply.
I understand people saying stay out of it but would any of you wire all that equipment in, knowing that it is stolen supply?
What really upsets me the guy has 4 rolls Royce's etc but he doesn't want to pay for his electrics.
Mate, it's your job to wire circuits. It doesn't matter to you in your capacity as a spark where the juice is coming from or how it's being paid for (or not as the case may be)
Report the theft but don't cut your nose off to spite your face.
You can always look for another job in the mean time.

Do you think anyone would admit such a thing on a forum that is open for the world to see? I admit you've been put in a very awkward situation. I'd be very careful of what you do as by the sounds of it this guys means business!

Oh, so you've hacked the forum software?
:)

No.....I run a couple of them myself and understand how the vB software works....so was able to understand why some members were saying/getting frustrated he had been on and was not replying to the questions that was being asked were not being answered

Reply to Electricity theft in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks