EOL for domestic use? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss EOL for domestic use? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

Lately I've seen a couple of very old alarm panels installed that use the EOL wiring method, these have been domestic with about 5 or 6 zones used, do any of you use this method for small domestic use? (3 bed semi)? Other sparks I speak to don't bother and say there is no need..What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
If a panel needs end of line resistance to indicate alarm or tamper conditions then there is no alternative. you could have the resistors at the panel but why do it that way?
Its just as easy to fit them properly, then you get the advantage of tamper protection and alarm function with only one pair of wires....

Well a panel name would help so would a picture plus the reason what you are trying to acheive

There is some panels out their that have an end of line EOL resistor because you can use say a 4 core cable to a PIR instead of the standard 6 ie power , zone ,tamper circuits with 4 core its power,zone/tamper as the panel can indicate a tamper when it loses the EOL or and alarm when it either gets a short or another resistance switched into the circuit.

Well a panel name would help so would a picture plus the reason what you are trying to acheive

There is some panels out their that have an end of line EOL resistor because you can use say a 4 core cable to a PIR instead of the standard 6 ie power , zone ,tamper circuits with 4 core its power,zone/tamper as the panel can indicate a tamper when it loses the EOL or and alarm when it either gets a short or another resistance switched into the circuit.

Above..

Reply to EOL for domestic use? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net