Exporting pme (tncs) | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Exporting pme (tncs) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tom262

Hello all I've got a quick question!!
im currently working in a holiday building,wiring a boiler and bonding main water/oil,the building is fed from the owners house next door, it's supplied by 25mm tails and a 16mm earth, the cables run along a joist from the main house outside along the roof of the walk way into the holiday let, the tails come from the meter box via a isolator, my question is as the earthing system is tncs (pme) would you put the holiday let on a TT system as I know you shouldn't really export pme, any help would be great thank you.

There should be a sticky regarding this subject. I must say i was told by an assesor at college that you cant do this and told him he was wrong. We never actually covered this in class. Makes me wonder how much other stuff we dont cover that we probably should.

If your idea of a good night is watching people talk on a forum then personally I think you need help, or a life! It's just something I had thought of and wanted to see if anyone else has any views on it, I didn't post it on here for people like you to have something to watch in your chair while jacking off to a forum

Ill have you know that there's nothing wrong with jacking off over this forum as frankly I think it's bloody fantastic and provides so much entertainment at times I wouldn't be surprised to see if do a uk tour of OP / contestants asking stupid questions when they should really know better!

Hello all I've got a quick question!!
im currently working in a holiday building,wiring a boiler and bonding main water/oil,the building is fed from the owners house next door, it's supplied by 25mm tails and a 16mm earth, the cables run along a joist from the main house outside along the roof of the walk way into the holiday let, the tails come from the meter box via a isolator, my question is as the earthing system is tncs (pme) would you put the holiday let on a TT system as I know you shouldn't really export pme, any help would be great thank you.
oh aye?

and where did you get this little snippet of bullshyte from then?

(its probably not your fault)

oh and by the way....we extend a PME (equepotential zone)....not export it....

There should be a sticky regarding this subject. I must say i was told by an assesor at college that you cant do this and told him he was wrong. We never actually covered this in class. Makes me wonder how much other stuff we dont cover that we probably should.
there should be lectures in college about it more like...

sadly there isn`t.....

i`ll leave the rest for you to work out....

We were never taught anything regarding this at college. I feel its something that should be as this question pops up alot.

oh aye?

oh aye?

Sadly it seems that it's mostly the bloody college lecturers that perpetuate this old Myth, as well as a good few other myths thrown in for good measure!! Why they can't keep their personal preferences out of the classroom, i don't know

Reply to Exporting pme (tncs) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net