Currently reading:
Extending cat 5 cable or telephone cable and maintenance free requirements?

Discuss Extending cat 5 cable or telephone cable and maintenance free requirements? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if the maintenance free requirements (MF) are the same with communication cable as with low voltage supplies? I can't see why they wouldn't be.

The junction boxes for cat 5 cable or telephone cable where you just use the insertion tool have no screws that could come loose but I doubt they are classed as MF. If you need to extend one of these cables and make the join under the floorboards what are your options? My crimping tool has a minimum crimp size of 1mm CSA I believe, I'm sure their are smaller crimping tools but just wondered what you guys do in this scenario?

Cheers.

Can you not get a hobby Steve or get out more in General :computer::wink_smile:

I was about to reply in an equally rude manner Glenn!! But then I realised it was probably a fair point.:D

Edit.. Actually, Come to think of it I remember a time when you virtually lived here! I think there was even a thread started about it.:tongue:

Last edited:
I was about to reply in an equally rude manner Glenn!! But then I realised it was probably a fair point.:D

Edit.. Actually, Come to think of it I remember a time when you virtually lived here! I think there was even a thread started about it.:tongue:

Steven steven steven oh my little Steven, I was not implying you spend too much time on the forum infact we encourage you to do so, no my point was firstly made in jest but secondly about the fact you keep sitting at home thinking of hypothetical jobs and problems with those jobs.
The only advice I can really offer you is force yourself to go out into the fresh air and let it blow through your hair, feel the rain on your face and be at one with nature that is all I was trying to say Son. :wink5::wink5::wink5:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Extending cat 5 cable or telephone cable and maintenance free requirements? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock