Extending wires in consumer unit. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Extending wires in consumer unit. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

I need to move a circuit to an MCB at the other end of a split load board.

The cables all enter the CU at one end, and the cables in question will not reach the breaker at the other end without extending them. It is a ring final circuit.

What's the best method to do it? I was going to use in line crimps with heat shrink over. Would that be OK?

Any advice appreciated 😊

Reply to Extending wires in consumer unit. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net