Exterior Victorian gas lamp electrification | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Exterior Victorian gas lamp electrification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there,
i have just installed an old original cast iron Victorian gas street light, armoured cable through the post and to be fitted into BC22 bulb holder in top housing.
the bottom of the top housing is open to the elements and the bulb holder is just above the bottom edge, so no direct weather ingress unless possibly server weather.
does anyone know of a decent bulb holder that can can be screw fitted to the bar across the bottom of the top housing, and am I okay fitting a brass earthed BC22 holder because a suitable IP rating won't be achieved.

Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks for any advice.

I've ripped out a fair few metres of lead gas lighting pipe from my house when I gave it the once over.
Built about 1910 I think.
yep...my mother has a place down in shrewsbury which still had all the gas pipes (lead)....still had a load of lead cable as well as some very crusty VIR...lol...needless to say the lead cable and VIR has gone..i ripped it out when i rewired it...
however we left the gas piping in place....

Reply to Exterior Victorian gas lamp electrification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back