External lighting and wiring requirements | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss External lighting and wiring requirements in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N to E fault can cause rcd tripping it will do that without having a L feed.
On that note, obviously the RCD kept tripping as I was fitting the lights (lesson learnt for next time to have made the connection to circuit last), with the switched of MCB doing nothing to stop the N & E circuits being still connected.

Other than making sure next time I make connecting the lights to the circuit as the LAST job, is there anything else to stop the RCD tripping in that scenario? (I guess other than disconnecting them at the FCU which I am not qualified to do).

I'm very glad my other FCU has RCBO's!

If none of the other circuits on the shared rcd are using power it won't trip, otherwise make sure neutral and earth don't touch at any times
Thank you. Unfortunately it was kitchen stuff, fridge most importantly ie would have wanted to use power. Guess sticking some tape around the exposed N/E to ensure don't touch is the way forward

Thank you. Unfortunately it was kitchen stuff, fridge most importantly ie would have wanted to use power. Guess sticking some tape around the exposed N/E to ensure don't touch is the way forward
Most these days would use wagos or similar.

Reply to External lighting and wiring requirements in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net