Feed-in Tarrif form returned/rejected ? Advise | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Feed-in Tarrif form returned/rejected ? Advise in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

San

Has anyone had their FIT form returned because it is incomplete or incorrectly entered ?

My FIT form to EDF has been returned due to it was incomplete, and as a consequence they are now offering the lower rate of 16p instead of the 21p. We're absolutely disappointed, payed upwards of £9,000 for the 21p.

I was initially concerned when completing these forms, but our worries were allayed when our solar panel installer by his own accord filled in our FIT forms and crossed out sections where he said didn't apply to us. For only for them to be returned by EDF. Our PV solar installer, crossed out the incorrect section.

Completely feel let down by our solar PV panel installers, Affordable Solar Energy.

Have you spoke to the solar installers about this? This seems very unfair from EDF to say the least. When did you send your form off and which section was incomplete?

we've had a form returned by edf because it had one of the Ofgem declaration sections not signed, despite EDF at the time not having any reference to the ofgem declarations on their form or guidance.

this was all within the 21p fit window though, so no change to the actual tariff.

They seem to be being really harsh about it, and ofgem are driving this if anything, and completely ignoring their actual overall stated legal objective of protecting consumers. TBH I think Ofgem have been acting illegally in these situations for the last 9 months, presumably under pressure from DECC, but it's never worth an individual customer taking them to court for it, so they get away with it time and again.

I thought as long as the form was on the desk at the energy supplier before the deadline then everything else could be ironed out afterwards? There is surely no reason for them to act in any other way - unless they just want to **** people off.

solar city:
I think your assessment is correct, they just want to pee people off!!
It's pedantic in the extreme and just a way of avoiding having to pay out, but they do ask for a correct and fully completed application form.
whilst it is the customers responsibility to complete the forms we will help with forms if asked but our contract specifically excludes us from liability for incorrectly completed forms. I could see this coming, and the nightmare it could produce!!

We had one customer who did not seek advise from us (fortunately) and had his form rejected BY EDF with the view that because of one error it would lead to them being on the reduced tariff, the irony was the customer had a senior role at EDF. He persisted and was able to secure the higher tariff so do not give in. I believe he also did not sign the correct declarations.

Seems a terrible situation which I worry about for every customer who applies close to the deadline. We help each customer complete the forms but its the responsibility of the customer. The Energy company should honor the FIT when they recieve the form (It should be the MCS registered date in my opinion which is OFGEMS register), seems a very harsh decision. I would certainly take it up with EDF, OFGEM and Local MP.

Have you spoke to the solar installers about this? This seems very unfair from EDF to say the least. When did you send your form off and which section was incomplete?

I have spoken to Affordable Solar Energy, they have said to give EDF a call and apply some pressure and see if they budge. I spoke to EDF complaints department and was put through to the Green Team complaints manager Sally Harris, she refused to change it to a higher rate and has said it is against the rules to change the Tarrif due to Ofgem.

I don't know what more I can do with EDF ? I spoke to three different members of staff at EDF and now also the manager has refused.

I sent the FIT form via email on July 26th, five days before the 1st August deadline for the 21p. The Multi Installation section was crossed out entirely by our solar panel installer, which thus made our application incomplete. Had our installer not crossed out the section, we would have either asked the green team for advise or would have certainly signed the declaration ourselves.

Do you have a copy of the FIT form? Which Version was it?

I've just checked one of my customers forms who also went with EDF.

On section 5 - about your installation- it asks if you own or receive feed in tariff payments for any other installation, if this is ticked as No I would argue the ---- on this. By crossing out the declaration later on in the form I would argue that it was not applicable to you as you had already answered the question and signed the form.

I would take this directly to OFGEM in writing.

Hope this helps

You can not really point the finger at the installer! I fill out 99% of our customers fits form but i get the customer to call the provider the following day to make sure everything I have done is correct and not had any major issues.

Just before 1st Aug we submitted EDF application forms on behalf of our customer because the last PV installer had done it and set a precedent. Normally we offer help form filling but leave the submission of the application to the customer. I was completely paranoid about making sure it was okay so sent it off via email and phoned EDF to check they had the application and all the right bits. At the time the woman there said they had received loads of applications with out the necessary declarations (EPC and multi-installs) signed off - so I don't think you are the only one and expect there are a lot of other disappointed PV owners. Agree with Somecamel - Definitely worth taking it further with OFGEM if you have no joy with EDF.

I could be wrong here but I thought the installation had to be registered within the deadline and the FIT form then had to tie up with the MCS register. So if the system was registered it was valid on X day. The supplier then checks that the system was installed and the FIT contract can be applied within the regulations.Any errors in the form/agreement can be amended afterwards. I have certainly amended a FIT form after it was returned with an error. The the client forgot to send in any readings and they still got their money. The system was installed and registered by the due date and the form was submitted completed on the due date. (does not say the form has to be 100% correct just completed??)

Went with British Gas on advice of installer and they queried my forms. I got the definite impression they were looking for ways to reject it so that they could pay the 16p rate instead of 21p rate. My forms were also completed by the installer and BG questioned the forms on the fact that the date on one form was the installation date and the date on another was the day after. Unfortunately the installation date one was the one with the meter reading which was why they were not accepting it. I think they planned to say well if you don't know what the meter was on the date of the decelerations then we can only do it from the date they sent me the email. Luckily I had the reading as I had taken photographs of them on the relevant date but it definitely felt like they were trying to weasel out of it on the flimsiest of excuses. Maybe it would be worth some of the installers on here checking because I know 2 doesn't make a case but it does sound worrying that they are starting to try penny pinch on any excuse.

You can not really point the finger at the installer! I fill out 99% of our customers fits form but i get the customer to call the provider the following day to make sure everything I have done is correct and not had any major issues.

That is sensible advice, by informing the customer to call the provider to make sure everything is correct. We had no such advise whatsoever, our installer promptly filled out 90% of the form. If our installer believed the multi installation doesn't apply to us, why would we doubt him? We put our faith in him, since we felt he has filled in numerous FIT forms for so many customers. He had also informed us of his personal experience of sending the FIT form to his energy supplier.

If the installer had given us a small inkling of being uncertain with the form or that we need to double check the form with our energy supplier, we no doubt would have done so. I am more annoyed with the energy suppliers, they are looking for any feeble excuses to reject and return applications, so that they can pay the 16p rate

Really appreciate all the responses, I will certainly not give in and will be trying every avenue including OFGEM, I have heard from EDF too, that some other applications have been received with out the necessary declarations. I am wondering how many of us disappointed PV owners are in the same predicament as I.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Feed-in Tarrif form returned/rejected ? Advise in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back